TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
schweppes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

lost and confused - March 24th 2013, 09:09 PM

hello, it's kind of hard for me to talk about my problems, especially on the internet but i feel like i don't know how to cope with some things.
my parents got divorced a few years back, and I'm still living with my mom (i'm 23 by the way). i don't really get along with them that well. i see my dad once a week and we go out for like 2 hours have a beer or something. but with my mom, i don't get along at all. i don't think she coped with the divorce really good so i'm there all the time and i get to hear her frustrations. we don't really have much money and i don't really get money from my parents, but i got a job a few months ago and i actually help them out with money. i can't live with my mom anymore because it got me depressed and if i move out i don't think i have enough money to do it, and also i am scared of being on my own. and this stress is affecting me emotionallly on my personal, school and professional plans. i don't know what to do i feel lonely and miserable and it's really hard to be happy. i feel like i shouldn't have been born. maybe my parents would have been better off.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: lost and confused - March 24th 2013, 09:24 PM

Have you talked to her about this? She may not want you to move out but the baby bird has to leave the nest eventually... Are you still in college or some other school? If so, you may want to consider staying at your mom's place, because, like you said, money may be an issue. Dorms, apartments, etc.
Just talk to your mom about all of it. She may understand and may try to help, or not. At least tell her about her rantings and how she's making you feel bad.
Good luck!
God bless.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: lost and confused - March 28th 2013, 01:58 AM

Hey, there!

Sorry to hear about these things. It can be quite tough when your parents divorce. You and your dad seem to get along better than your mother if you go out every once in awhile. Is there anyway you can move in with him? Or slowly save up money and have a lot put back and maybe move out in a few months or so? Is there any relatives or friends you can stay with? Either way, I think it's pretty important if you talked to your mom about how you're feeling over this and acknowledge that she's going through a lot too. It still doesn't mean your feelings shouldn't exist though. So maybe talk to her about it? Or write it in a note and give it to her to make it easier?

And hey, don't think that! You are meant to be here. You're a person, which is precious because all forms of life is amazing and beautiful. You were born for a reason, you have a purpose and you still have a lot of life to live. Good things in the future. Don't give up. Is there anyone else you can open up to? Could you possibly speak with a therapist? In the meantime, try to do some things you enjoy. Take up a new hobby maybe. Listen to music, play games, do anything to get your mind off your troubles.

Hope I helped a bit. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to. Remember that the way life is right now, it won't always be like this. Things do and can change and get better.

Stay Strong <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
schweppes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost and confused - March 31st 2013, 11:58 AM

thanks guys.. i am trying to raise some money to move out, but it's really hard and i don't know how long it will take. talking to her is useless. it's like she understand one day and the other have to start from scratch. i liked what christabel said "the way life is right now it won't always be like this".
i sure hope you are right.. because for the past 7 years i feel like nothing changed

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: lost and confused - March 31st 2013, 08:42 PM

I can relate, my mom is the same way. It's like she just, ignores what you said the other day completely.

Even though it's been 7 years, you were younger back then and things in life were more limited due to age. Now you have a bit more freedom to do what you choose. Things can change with a little time and effort.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: lost and confused - March 31st 2013, 10:58 PM

Are you in collage or some special education programs you can ususally get jobs through their. But if you feel depressed than you need to leave don't try to push through it that's what causes people to libe horrible lives. You deserve more.

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
schweppes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost and confused - April 9th 2013, 09:56 PM

well, my girlfriend left me.. i think i'm destined to be alone, like my parents. i crave so much the fact that i don't have a family, i even can't have a relationship to lean on. i'm tired of feeling alone...

Closed Thread