TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~old~profile~ Offline
Old profile
Welcome me, I'm new!

I want it to stop - March 26th 2013, 02:51 PM

i want this little voice in the back of my head telling me to kill myself to stop but i want to listen to it, and everyone says that you should tell someone if your depressed or cutting but, i can't my family has stuff to deal with to. My mum is mentally ill so i would just be adding to eveything. I stopped cutting but i need something to just relieve it and everyone wonders why i snap or get angry i just don't know what to do.

Last edited by ~old~profile~; March 27th 2013 at 12:03 PM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: I want it to stop - March 26th 2013, 08:11 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry for what you are going through right now. I understand how hard it, but suicide is never the answer to any problem, neither is causing pain to yourself by cutting. I'm really glad that you managed to quit that! I know how hard it can be to cope, but just try to do something that you really enjoy doing that'll keep you busy whenever you get upset. For me, I grab my mp3 player and take a long walk to calm down, then if I still feel crappy, I attempt to talk to somebody about what is going on.

Another thing that I feel is crucial for you to do is to let somebody know that you are struggling. I know you don't want your family to know, but your family is your greatest support system and I highly doubt that they would want you struggling with these feelings. With your moms mental illness, she might be able to understand what you are going through. I suggest opening up to them and letting them know. Also, maybe talk to close friends and/or somebody of authority in your school; favorite teacher, coach, or the school counselor.

If you ever need to talk about anything, please feel free to PM me!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I want it to stop - March 26th 2013, 10:38 PM

Hi there,

I don't have anything to say which is going to make any of what is going on for you right now any better, but I wanted to reply to you, because I care and I wanted you to know that you're not alone in this.

It sounds like things are really hard for you right now. Having these suicidal thoughts must be really hard for you to cope with and for what it's worth, I think you're doing really well to cope and manage them, so well done. You clearly have the strength to beat the thoughts that you're experiencing and I think that's brilliant.

People tell people who are struggling like yourself, to talk to people about what's happening, because it can really help just to get it of your chest and to have someone there to support you through it all. I can understand that it must be a really hard thing to talk to your family, especially your parents when your mum struggles with mental health problems herself. I've been in the same situation. When I was struggling the most, my dad left us and I was caring for my sister (she was struggling badly with Anorexia at the time) and my mum (who was struggling with depression) who was in and out of hospital. It was horrible to feel like I had to be looking after them, when I really need someone to look after me. But, at the end of the day, your parents are still your parents, they have a responsibility towards you and it's okay for you to talk to them about what is going on for you right now.

There are other people you can talk to as well though. People like your friends, other family members, even people like teachers and school counselors and nurses. All of these people can help you in some way and all of these people care and love you. They all want to help you, but they can only do so, if they know what is happening for you right now. If they don't know what's going on, and how you're feeling and about the thoughts you are having, how are they going to support you with it all? You have to let them in, talk to them and to be honest with them, in order for them to be able to help you.

It's great that you have stopped self harming and I hope that you're proud of yourself for it too. You deserve to be proud of yourself. Overcoming self harm is hard but you can do it okay? Find other ways and healthier ways to express your emotions and thoughts. Maybe try things like sports, writing, art or even things like music. There are so many different ways to express yourself, it's just about you experimenting a little and finding what works for you the best, okay?

Just remember you can do this and that you're not alone. Stay fighting.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I want it to stop - March 28th 2013, 02:09 AM

Hi, Courtney.

Jessie gave great advice and what I was thinking, so I just wanted to let you know that I think you're an awesome person and that I'd really miss you. You're an awesome person and you've got so much to offer. I want you to know that you can message me anytime and I'd love to listen. Things do get better, hang in there.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread