TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ans_jws121512 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Why am I so sad all the time? - March 26th 2013, 04:55 PM

For the last couple months I've been depressed and I don't know why. I've been depressed pretty much my whole life, but didn't start taking medication for it until I was 13. Just the thought of getting out of bed makes me so tired I could sleep for days and I cry myself to sleep every night. I'm 19 now and in college. I have an amazing boyfriend that I love so much and he's always there when I need him, but I still fake being completely happy around him. The last few days he's been asking what's wrong and I don't know what to tell him. He's even asked if I still love him that made me feel even worse. I hate feeling like this. My life as never been this good before, so why am I so sad all the time? How do I get it to stop?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PrimadonnaQueen Offline
left this site.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Why am I so sad all the time? - March 26th 2013, 08:35 PM

First of all, welcome to TH! I'm Mimi, hope you enjoy it here.
I'm so sorry you feel this way, I think its a good idea, to talk to someone about how you are feeling.

.....“You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.”.....

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Why am I so sad all the time? - March 27th 2013, 09:56 PM

Yeah, I agree with Mimi. Talk to someone. Your boyfriend maybe?
If it gets so bad, maybe check in with your doctor again. I hope you get happy again soon. It stinks to be glum all the time...
Jesus loves you even if you don't think He does! Haha! He makes me happy.
God bless.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Why am I so sad all the time? - March 28th 2013, 12:12 AM

Hey! I'm Christabel. Welcome to TeenHelp!

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I can relate to crying yourself to sleep, so I'm sorry you do that, hunny. Since you're depressed, your boyfriend might be seeing it as you not enjoying being around him anymore. That's why there's two good reasons for talking to him about how you're feeling. Let him know that you love him and it's not because of him. That way he'll be reassured that he isn't doing anything wrong and he can support you.

Maybe you could talk with friends or a therapist about how you feel as well? Try to figure out why you feel this way?

Good luck, hope I helped a bit. Oh and I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread