TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Hopeless - March 27th 2013, 07:21 PM

I'm sat here with a pile of pills on one side, a knife on the other and a bottle of wine in my hand. I've tried everything. I can't work full time and now I'm drowning in debt. I've put this off for the last few days, trying to distract myself and facilitate some "good" emotions, but nothing had worked and now I am on the brink of destruction. I cannot and do not want to fight this anymore. I need help. I am so desperate. I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Hopeless - March 27th 2013, 08:48 PM

Can you find anyone to talk to? Someone you trust? If you tell someone you trust about this, maybe they can bear it with you. Don't go through this alone.

And take heart...Easter's coming up and that's all about second chances, new life. I'm not trying to preach but I've seen and heard of amazing things happening in people's lives from following and believing in Jesus. There's a verse that may help ya...

"But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33 (NRSV)

Jesus is telling the people not to worrying or fret over things like 'what will we wear?' 'what will we eat?' 'what will we drink?'. He points out that you can't get taller or live longer by worrying. Jesus then says that God knows you need these things. He knows. But seek God and His will first and God will provide. He may not give you the things you want, but He will certainly give you what you NEED. And He knows you better than you know yourself, so you're in good hands.

It is freedom, to follow and believe in Jesus.
If you are on the brink of destruction, what have you got to lose?
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Hopeless - March 27th 2013, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the help. The ambulance is on its way. I OD'd and self harmed pretty badly. Will be okay.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Hopeless - March 28th 2013, 12:12 AM

Hi, Ella!

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way and you tried to go through with it. I know things must be really really difficult for you right now... But please hang in there, it may not be tomorrow, or in a few days, but things do get better, I can promise you that much. <3

I'm so glad an ambulance is on the way. This is a second chance for you. You can keep trying, you have not lost your fight yet, sweetie. Keep going, you can do this. I believe in you, don't give up now. <3 I hope you can get some support now.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Hopeless - March 28th 2013, 01:28 PM

I discharged myself after narrowly escaping being sectioned. My manager now knows because I had to phone in sick for work this morning and I have now lost 3 shifts, so I really didn't help myself at all.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Hopeless - March 29th 2013, 02:42 AM

Come here, sweetie. The attempt doesn't work because you're meant to live. People love you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Hopeless - March 29th 2013, 06:56 PM

You're right - you haven't helped yourself at all and maybe that's exactly what you need to start doing; helping yourself. You have to make changes if you want to see changes. It sounds like things are really hard for you right now and I'm sorry that you're going through such a rough time. You don't deserve it at all. I know these thoughts are really horrible and that when you're experiencing them badly, they are hard to overcome and beat but I also know that you have been going through this a long time so the fact that you are still here fighting really proves a lot about you wanting to get through this and also the fact that you say you tried to kill yourself, but then got the medical help you needed, again, makes me see that you really want to be alive and that is what you need to be holding on too. You've been fighting for so long, but you're still here and there's a reason for that.

So no matter how hard it gets, you keep fighting and keep trying. It's not going to be easy, but it is going to be worth it and you can get through it so don't give up until you get there, okay?

Hang on in there,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread