TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Freya

Question Help me... - March 28th 2013, 09:56 PM

So like my best friend likes the same lad as me and its got me really down. Im not eating as much, and ive been scratching my arms with a nail, I dont know whether i have depression or not

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Help me... - March 29th 2013, 12:22 AM

There will be other guys, keep in mind. You can get past this...and I don't think you're depressed. Maybe just slightly upset. And who's to say either of you will date him? Don't worry, you've got lots of time to find someone. Don't let a boy split up friendship...
And wow, I feel like this entire reply was cliches...oh well.
God bless.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Help me... - March 29th 2013, 04:18 AM

Hi, Freya.

I'm sorry to hear that, hun. These kind of things can get us feeling really down but I think Ally's right, I don't think you have depression, you're just upset. But since we're not professionals we can't really diagnose you but if you have these same sad feelings for a long period of time, I suggest talking to a therapist and telling someone.

Your best friend, is your best friend. A possible relationship isn't worth sacrificing a friendship. I know it feels really bad right now, but a friendship ending will be a lot worse. I'm guessing you've been with your best friend for longer. Trust me here, there'll be other guys who will probably like you and you'll probably be interested as well.

In the meantime, try talking to her about how you feel about liking him as well and telling her you don't wanna lose her - you don't, right? Some support from other friends and family could help too. Talk to others about how you feel? Comfort and support is important when you're feeling down. Distracting yourself is something you should do too, like listening to music, playing games, watching tv/movies, drawing, painting, going for walks. Anything you enjoy to get your mind off it.

Hope I helped a bit! Feel free to message me anytime if you need someone to talk to. Good luck, hope all works out good. And hey, remember that the sad feelings don't last forever. You can get past this, hun. Keep smiling.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread