TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aesir645 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: PJ

Inferior - March 30th 2013, 12:23 AM

And I already have a lot to say.

I'm tired of being used by people think they are better than me. They act too good to lower themselves to talking to me. But when those motherfuckers need my help, suddenly that drop isn't too low.

We have these groups for our school on facebook to help each other out with AP classes(notes, test, quiz and project advice and reminders etc.) If you ask a question on there, it usually gets answered in a comment. But not mine. They ignore me when I ask a question but when someone else asks the exact same thing, it gets answered almost instantly. I post up notes and help when they need it all the time. You would think they did not see it but the post shows exactly who has looked at it and I'm pretty sure the top 10% know something as simple as "What day did she change the test to? I wasn't here."

And the thing is they really do seem to be better than me. They are much smarter than me and still have a life but I struggle in AP classes. I would change out but the counselor looked over my grades and said that regular classes would be way too easy for me. They just seem to be better in every way. They are more sociable, a lot are athletic, they are much smarter and going to better colleges. It just seems like I really dont have anything over them

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Inferior - March 30th 2013, 01:25 AM

Hey there,
Sorry that you're feeling this way. I honestly know how you feel. I'm in a similar situation although you need to realise something.
You're different.
Everyone is.
You're probably better than those people at some things.
You shouldn't compare yourself to them. Especially if they are being assholes to you. That's nothing to try mirror.
Be yourself.
Be confident with what you are and what you can do. Make the most of your own abilities and ignore theirs.

I apologise for any spelling errors, I am posting from mobile, and I really hate touchscreens.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Aesir645 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: PJ

Re: Inferior - March 30th 2013, 02:07 AM

I dont seem to have any. I'm not athletic, musical, artsy or really good at anything I do

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: Inferior - March 30th 2013, 05:36 AM

Well just the fact that they are so arrogant automaticaly makes you better than them. In my experience people who seem perfect are generally the worse off. I control and watch and carefully meticulusly decide everything I say and do to make sure people don't make fun of me. I usually hold a lot back because of it. They probably do the same and wanna feel special so they look down on others but if they need to be prideful in order to feel good then they've got some serious self esteem issues and while i'm thinking about that I have a question how lame is their life that the funniest thing they can think to do is to mess with you. I mean come on what, you couldn't have gone to a party, played a game ,hung out with friends clearly not or they wouldn't be wasting time looking down on you.

The way I see it is their lives bore them so they hate on you. How stupid is that.

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Inferior - March 30th 2013, 05:58 AM

I agree. You're better than them because you don't act this way. They may act like they're better than you but when you stick to your ways and morals and still help them out, it shows you're a good person. Don't change to be like them. Go with the flow and eventually you'll realize some hidden talents of yours and meet people who don't act, people who don't hide flaws and act better are who'll be real true friends to you.

Stay Strong, PJ <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
marvelous123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mila

Re: Inferior - April 3rd 2013, 04:25 AM

Hey,
No, I exactly no how you are feeling. The same thing happened to me a lot in high school (and even now when I'm in university). Something you probably know is that, well, lots of people are selfish bastards that only want to associate with people who they think are "popular" or "cool" and will associate with others when it benefits them (this is reallllly bugs me, ahah). So yeah, I get offended as well, but one thing I'm slowly learning is:
Ignore. The. A**holes.
Yeah, they might make you feel like crap, and inferior, and unwanted. So if they make you feel this way, then why bother helping them? They're not doing anything for you, and you're just being a nice person to people who are rude to you. I understand I do it too. But maybe if you stop helping, they'll realize what they are missing.

Closed Thread