TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

I don't know how much longer I can carry on. I'm scared I won't make it through tonight. - April 1st 2013, 05:45 PM

I took an overdose. I don't think I've taken enough but I can remedy that. All I need to do is take some more.
I've reached out to some friends but no one wants to reply to me. No one actually cares what happens to me.
I can't cope anymore. I feel overwhelmingly sad all the time. I have no energy. I can't concentrate on anything. I hate myself so much. I hate my body, I hate my personality, I hate everything about myself.
I've been self harming again. I can't distract myself from it for very long.
I'm lost. I don't even feel real right now. I feel like I'm not really here. Kind of like a ghost.
I can't think of any reason to hold on. :/
I don't know what to do.
This feels like the only way.
I'm scared of myself.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: I don't know how much longer I can carry on. I'm scared I won't make it through tonight. - April 2nd 2013, 12:05 AM

Calm down. It's going to be ok. Number 1- You are not anything that voice in your head all it tells you is lies. It has no power over you. Number 2- I think you should call a hotline. They are all posted on my profile. If you need to contact me you may my cell phone number is 856-261-2074. Number 3- You are NOT alone. It is estimated that over 2 million people suffer from depression. We all know they under estimate everything. Trust me, you are NOT alone.
  Send a message via Skype™ to ReasonsForRecovery 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: I don't know how much longer I can carry on. I'm scared I won't make it through tonight. - April 2nd 2013, 02:06 AM

Hey,

I'm really sorry that you're going through this. I think that maybe you should go to the hospital because you did overdose and even though you don't think that you took enough to actually do anything it could still cause damage, plus it's a great way to reach out for the help that you desperately seem to need at the moment.

I know what it's like to not feel like you have any reason to hold on, but there's always something to keep you going. If it's just the small form of hope that things will get better someday, then cling on to that. Find any reason, no matter how small.

I think that you really need to try and contact your friends again, it's possible that they just aren't checking whatever you have tried messaging them with. I think that isn't imperative that you find somebody to talk to, be it a friend, family member, professional, etc.

If you need anything, I'm here to listen!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I don't know how much longer I can carry on. I'm scared I won't make it through tonight. - April 3rd 2013, 04:34 AM

Hi, Harry.

I think it'd be a really good idea if you went to the hospital as it's still an overdose and it can still damage your organs. Plus, the people at the hospital could help you, and listen and try to offer advice to help you through this.

When you're this sad, it's so easy to think that nobody cares about you but honestly, that's not true at all. We care about you. And your friends might not have seen your messages yet, maybe try to contact them again? Can you tell your parents how you're feeling right now? Even a hotline. Or HelpLINK. Talk to anyone you can because you deserve to live. I realize things must be really hard but it's possible to get through this. You've got a future and you should be able to live it. Please hang in there. How about some distractions in the meantime? Try your best to focus on something else.

You can do this.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread