TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WeepingPrincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lynda

Unhappy #whenimgone - April 1st 2013, 10:37 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I hate my life and cutting has become an addiction pretty soon the cuts will be deeper...when im gone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: #whenimgone - April 2nd 2013, 01:00 AM

Is this a statement or a call for help? Either way...Pick yourself up, take a couple deep breaths, and if you think necessary, or even if you don't think it's necessary, go tell someone. It doesn't have to be a professional yet; just tell someone you trust enough to cry on, sort of speak.
I hope you feel better.
God bless.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: #whenimgone - April 3rd 2013, 05:12 AM

Hi, Lynda!

I am really sorry about this. Things must be really hard right now for you to feel this bad... Is it alright if I ask what's going on? I really don't mind listening. Umm... Self-Harm can so easily become an addiction and it brings more negative feelings into the picture and drowns out healthy coping mechanisms, so to make things better for you, you're gonna have to make a huge step. Which is quitting Self-Harm and onto the road of recovery. You have to be dedicated to stopping to actually be able to, you have to want to. Which is so much easier said than done, I know. Since cutting releases endorphins, you could replace that and exercise instead, because exercising releases endorphins and it's healthy. A good idea would be to check out the Self-Harm Alternatives list and try out some things on there till you find some that work for you. Something that may motivate you is doing it for someone, quitting Self-Harm for someone you love. You could participate in the Butterfly Project.

Is there anyone you can talk to? You seem to be going through a really tough time obviously and it'd really help to have someone listen to you and offer support and comforting words. Just getting it off your chest could do you some good. So can you tell your parents, siblings, relatives, friends, a therapist/counselor? If telling them verbally is a little too difficult then you could use an alternative way of telling them such as writing what you wanna say on a note and giving it to them, or through text.

Remember that this isn't all life is and has to offer. Things don't always stay this way, they get better and it's worth recovering and getting better. The rainbow comes after the storm. You can do this, you'll become so much stronger after you get through this. Look for ways to make things better in a healthy way. Look at the positive things. Feel free to message me if you need anything.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread