TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
GraceEl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Grace

Help? - April 3rd 2013, 10:11 PM

For a while now, I've been feeling like I'm just not good enough. At school, my friends are always ahead of me and I feel like they're always pushing me away. Like they'll start talking about something that I don't know about and then when I ask they just laugh. Also, they always go out and do things together and never think to ask if I want to come. I have no one else and it sucks. My parents aren't appreciative either. They always treat me like I'm some sort of idiot and instead of pushing me to do my best, they just remind me of how bad I am. I'm also feeling really, really lonely. I've never been in a proper relationship with a boy and I've never been kissed. I always act myself around a boy I like and I'm usually quite the prankster. The thing is, I always end up becoming friends with the boy. So am I just ugly? I've never felt this lonely and insecure before. Help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Help? - April 4th 2013, 03:19 AM

This may be hard but if your friends don't really appreciate you, you may want to find new ones. Don't completely burn your bridges though... I was in a similar friend situation; I joined a very intense club and now I have better friends, that actually like being with me. Just be on the watch for any possible friends. Or maybe explain how you're feeling to your current friends.
And don't worry about the boys. Just keep being yourself; you'll find him. Don't fret over it. If the guy thinks you're ugly then he isn't the one for you. He should love you for your personality, not looks. Looks fade, but not personality.
I hope you feel better. It'll get better.
God bless!
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Help? - April 4th 2013, 03:59 AM

Hi, Grace.

I'm very sorry you feel like this. I can relate, I'm also insecure because I've never been kissed or in a proper relationship but hey, there's all the time in the world. Just continue to be yourself and you'll find a boy that loves you for you. So it'll be a lasting, proper relationship. If you become friends with a boy you have feelings for, can you confess your feelings? You never know if they feel the same way and it's always worth trying.

Could you tell your friends that you're feeling left out because of what they do? It also may be a good idea to talk to new people and get more friends that, like Ally said, appreciate you more. Some people seem to take friends for granted.

When your parents do things like that, it's really unfair and saddening. Can you tell them how it makes you feel when they treat you that way? Maybe sitting down with them and opening up could help. And about your feelings and problems, could you talk to a teacher or your school counselor?

Sometimes a new hobby or doing something new in general can help you to feel better and get back on your feet. Could you join a club at school? Try out for sports? Swimming? Biking, skating, roller blading. Having some fun can help. Play games, watch movies, read, listen to music, go shopping, cuddle with pets, take up photography/knitting/beading. Redecorate your room, organize your room, write your feelings in a journal to express yourself, or write poems/short stories. Taking walks can be very refreshing as well. The sun also increases a natural chemical in your brain that induces more positive emotions.

Remember that things get better! Life has rough patches. You can do this. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread