TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CutieGleek123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

I failed........ - April 5th 2013, 12:45 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I tried to commit suicide a few days ago... I mean.... I know it seems like I want attention or something, but I really don't..... It's just... I need to get it out....

I was [EDITED] because my parents took away everything else. I pressed as hard as I could and yet all the happened was a barely deep cut and a sprained wrist...... I feel like a failure..... my parents don't know... but I had every intention of dying.... suicide note and everything.....

Last edited by Palmolive; April 7th 2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Removing method of suicide.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I failed........ - April 5th 2013, 01:09 AM

Aww, Jessica, darling...

I'm so sorry you felt like doing this, I really am. You don't deserve to die, I mean, it'd be such a shame to see your life go to waste. All the possibilities in your life, chances at being happy. You're a beautiful person with a lot of potential. Don't waste that.

You also don't deserve to go through this alone. Can you talk to your parents about how you're feeling and explain that it's serious? Or talk to anyone, siblings, relative, friend, therapist, school counselor. It's really important to have someone listen to you and your feelings so you can have some support. You could write it out on a note or letter to make it easier.

Throw away that suicide note, sweetie, because you can do this, okay? By the suicide attempt not working, you have a second chance. A second chance to fight this. You can win, okay? I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Stay Strong <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: I failed........ - April 5th 2013, 03:54 AM

Hey Jessica!

I'm sorry that things are going so badly for you!

Would you be okay with just telling us a little bit more about why you're feeling this way (if you know)? It can help a lot to deal with the CORE / cause of the problem rather than just dealing with your reaction to it. If you can get help and support about the cause, reacting the same way again is probably going to be less likely to happen.

Please know that there is help out there, and no, you don't look like you're wanting attention. However, note that sometimes people try to get attention because they NEED it, such as in this situation, so in that sense, there's nothing wrong with it

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

Closed Thread