TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Feeling low. - April 5th 2013, 03:01 AM

*trig on the subjects of eating disorders and substances*

I just. I hate my body so much. And I feel so alone. I live life day to day and I don't feel like it makes a difference. I can't sleep unless I smoke. But the stupid thing is- I'm doing really well in life. I'm getting a promotion a work, my relationship is going good, my bills are all paid, I'm losing weight, etc. I don't be why I feel this way. Part of me feels like it is due to starving myself to a point of pain. I don't know. Everything centers around my weight and food. I'm just. I don't know.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Feeling low. - April 5th 2013, 03:25 AM

Hi, Lynds.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Just so you'll know, you aren't alone. A lot of us struggle with body image problems. It's a pretty difficult thing to overcome and that's an understatement. Even though things are going well in reality, hating your self-image can still interfere sadly.

You're a really amazing girl who's always helping other people, giving amazing advice with so much hope and inspiration, and you're loved. That's not something you can see in the mirror. Try focusing on things about you that you like, little positive things like that. Then move on to little things about your body that you like, such as your eyes, your hair, even the smallest things can contribute to having a more positive body-image. I've seen a picture of you, and you really are beautiful. Honest.

Can you talk to your boyfriend about how you feel about yourself? And feeling low in general? Maybe speaking with a therapist could help you deal with these things and overcome it?

I suppose something else you could do is write positive things like "You're beautiful", "You have beautiful eyes", "You have a beautiful smile" and stuff like that on small pieces of paper and put them in stuff you use daily. So that on a bad day you can like open your CD case or open your purse up and see a compliment.

Hope I helped a bit! Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

Stay Strong, you beautiful girl <3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread