TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kotomi Offline
Divine {Odinaa}
Not a n00b

Name: Kotomi

Unhappy I want to keep moving forward, just don't know how - April 7th 2013, 11:11 PM

Hey TH, I used to live in Idaho, but I moved to Colorado w/ my girlfriend. We've been here for 2 months now and I've been working for about a month at Walmart. We currently live with her mom & her brother and I get along well with everyone for the most part.

I've been having a problem lately with my motivation...to go to work, to do things, etc. Right now my look on the future is hazy & that worries me because I'll have no reason to fight. I'm a bit overweight and I think that's one of my big issues. I'm hoping that I can save up some money to get vitamins and supplements. I just quit smoking cigarettes because their too expensive...and they're bad for me too, huh?

Another thing is that I've been wanting to go back to school to get my degree in psychology so I can be a self/substance abuse councelor...just not sure when because I still have loans to pay from when I went to cosmetology school

I'm trying really hard to be good at all this adult stuff....I'm 20 now and the first time I posted on this site was when I was about 13 years old ^^; I've come a long ways, but some times I do need a hand. Any help or suggestions?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I want to keep moving forward, just don't know how - April 8th 2013, 02:18 AM

Hi, Kotomi!

Sorry about the things going on lately. I can relate to the overweight thing. It can be hard to do daily things when you're dealing with lack of confidence from that. I'm glad you've stopped smoking cigarettes. Cigarettes are bad for you and seeing my mom try so hard to quit smoking, I saw that it was really difficult so congratulations on stopping. Can you use the money you used to use buying cigarettes and get vitamins and such instead?

To lose weight in a healthy way, click here to read a article on it. Maybe in the meantime you can try and look at the little positive things about yourself, to try and keep your self-image positive?

I'm sure you'd be a great counselor. I think that right now, you should keep trying to save money to pay off the loans and as you pay more and more off, keep reminding yourself that you get closer everytime and remind yourself of that future to motivate yourself.

Oh and maybe bring up these thoughts with your girlfriend? Sometimes it can help to get some stuff off your chest and just someone to talk to.

Hope I helped a bit! Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to. By the way, I think it's cool you're back here and that you joined 7 years ago. That's awesome. :3

Always remind yourself you can achieve what you want, okay? Sometimes it takes time, but it's definitely worth it.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread