TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Awesometastic44 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't think i can go on - April 9th 2013, 11:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't think i can go on any longer. I have made a noose and i am ready to kill myself.

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind - Gandhi

STAY STRONG

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I don't think i can go on - April 9th 2013, 08:20 PM

Hey,

Okay, take yourself away from that. It's temptation and I'm telling you right now that this isn't what you want to do. I Want you to get yourself to a place where you can't see it and you don't have any temptations to hurt yourself, okay? This gets better.

What has happened that's thrown you off the edge? Is it any one thing in particular or has a string of events caused this? Is there anyone you can talk to about it? I'm asking this because it might help find out how to start sorting things out so that you can live life more happily. A professional may be more useful than I am since it's their job and they're trained, and honestly if you're in danger because things have gotten this bad I would highly recommend you try an talk to one. I know it might seem scary, but you're better than this and you don't deserve this. Life really can be better than this and one day you'll remember this and be grateful that you didn't act on these thoughts.

When you're feeling down is there anything you can do to try and get away from these thoughts you have to hurt yourslf like this? Maybe you could try going back to a hobby which once made you happy. I know a friend of mine has recently been having a tough time with himself, and in order to start feeling like himself again, that is someone who genuinely enjoyed life, he started watching his favourite show from the start again. He admitted to me that he really felt better for having done so, and he's also coming out with his friends a lot more because they are the activities that help him feel more like himself. Perhaps you could try something similar. For example, did you used to play a sport which you could take up again? Maybe you used to write or draw, or watch certain movies which might bring back good memories. It might be useful to try doing some more of these things, or even finding a new hobby to keep yourself occupied, as it might be theraputic and help you somewhat.

I really hope you see this and reconsider, and if you ever need to talk I'm just a PM away. You're stronger than this and I know you can get through it. As humans we have survival instinct and regardless of how bad things get, you ALWAYS have the power to pull through. It will be hard, and it will take some time, but you absolutely can defeat this and lead a happy life.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I don't think i can go on - April 10th 2013, 02:45 AM

Hi there, darling.

Hollie honestly said everything else I was thinking so I just wanted to add that I'm here if you need someone to talk to, okay? Please hold on, sweetie. Things do get better. Don't forget that.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread