TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

I shouldn't be here - April 10th 2013, 04:03 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just want to die, I see no point in life. I have no will to live anymore

I see no point in living anymore...

I hate my life,my self.

I just want to die, want this to end.My life is just-PATHEIC. I am wasting peoples Time space being here. I don't have much friends(even though I try),I'm socially akward,& people bully me for that.i've got told I just kill myself.My grades are horrible,because I don't want to do anything but sleep .

While Ive never attempt suicide before, I have, well kinda of, have plan. I know this is bad, I've been researching methods, i wouldn't say which types/methods I want to use.nothing makes me happy, I see no future, I'll end up as failure.

I've tried to postive, I can't.
My parents, specifically my dad, see suicide as a joke,& stupid,& even in some cases funny. They will not take me seriously,& won't help.

I'm just a desperate, attention seeking person, who doesn't deserve to live.Im just bugging you guys again because I'm posting this

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 10th 2013, 04:16 AM

Hey mate,

I am so sorry to see you are struggling.

But suicide is NOT the answer to anything.
You are a unique individual whom can overcome anything if you really put your mind to it.

Don't give up on life, get help, there is something good going to come your way, maybe not tomorrow but trust me on it.

If you ever need a shoulder, PM me or I'll give you my email.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 10th 2013, 04:25 AM

Aww, darling.

You aren't bugging us, alright? You're reaching out which is good. This is TeenHELP. We're all here for you to listen and try to offer you some advice and comfort. I'm really sorry you're going through this, hun.

I know you may not see it right now, but life is very well worth living and once you get past these difficult years then you'll see that and be so thankful you never went through with suicide. I mean, you have so much life to live and so many things to experience. It's a shame to miss out on that.

I'm sorry about how your parents view suicide. That's really awful not to have support from your parents. Can you talk to your school counselor about your feelings and the bullying? They could contact your parents and then maybe your parents will realize that this is serious and try to help you.

Hey, stars can't shine without the darkness, alright? Please hang in there. Life won't always be like this, sweetie.

Stay Strong <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 11th 2013, 01:58 AM

Thanks,guys.

Still haven't talked to anyone about this,afaird,afaird of how my dad will react. When a relative of mine attempt suicide,since then he doesn't trust him,& treats him as a young child.

Don't have my own cellphone,so,calling a hotline is a maybe,not for sure.

Well,now I'm having really strong urges to SH,& I tempt to do it,just to painful.Even on my birthday I'm depressed,& suicidal,feel like crap.What a "great" birthday.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 11th 2013, 02:00 AM

Hey hun,

Listen I know how hard it is. But it is the best thing to do and you will feel so much better doing it.
You will feel relieved.

You could ask to go see a therapist or something if you'd prefer?

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dessykins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Odessa Fraser

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 11th 2013, 07:15 PM

i'm really sorry to hear what you're going through. I can relate because I was bullied for years.. mostly for being shy. I'm an only child.. I grew up in a neighborhood with practically no kids.. so instantly, I went into school being socially awkward. trust me, we all go through or WILL go through similar feelings and experiences that you are having. we all may have different battles, but we definitely go through similar feelings that you are having. if someone is talking bad about you, the only thing they are doing is making themselves look bad.. not you. and in the end, it's those who truly know you best that matter most. so if someones going to judge you or bully you, they aren't worth your time anyway. but trust me, as life goes on, there will always be opportunities for things to change and get better.. even when you feel stuck and feel like nothing is go to change; life is still moving forward. I feel like nothing is changing all of the time, but then a few months pass and I realize all my problems that I did have.. seem to have faded.. because its in the past.. even when new problems occur, we eventually find ways to face them or overcome them.. things are always changing.. and there are always opportunities somewhere.. sometimes new ones and better ones.
  Send a message via Skype™ to dessykins 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 12th 2013, 09:06 PM

Meh, not better today... My friends mom doesn't appericate us, being friends,she thinks I am immature,& annoying

It's the weekend now,& I don't really have anyone, to talk to.

Hopefully, soon I'll be gone, so I don't need to be here. So I don't bug people,annoy people, so I don't need to deal with any of this anymore. Suicide, is looking good, almost like the only thing I have left, it's paradise( I know, it's gotten to real bad point).

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 12th 2013, 10:56 PM

Hey up.

I don't have anything to say which is going to take away the thoughts or the urges that you are having but I wanted you to know that we're here for you to talk too. It seems like you feel alone and a little lost in who to turn too but I want you to know that you are never, ever on your own in this. There is always someone to talk to. For one, we will always be here for you, okay? And how about seeing your doctor or talking to a friend or even a school nurse/teacher if you're in education? You're never alone, okay? So don't suffer in silence.

I know that this is all really hard for you right now and I get that completely and I get that as it goes it, it gets more exhausting and you begin to feel more hopeless and helpless but it can and it will get better but for that to happen, you are going to have to stick around, aren't you? If you go, you're not gong to be able to see happiness, feel it again. And I know at times you probably think that it's never going to get better, but why wouldn't it? If it can get this bad, why can't get it really good? But you're going to have to work really hard in it and I think having a good, strong support system in place will really help you too.

Just keep fighting okay? You can get through this and it will be so worth it in the end, I promise. And remember, you're never alone. We're always here for you.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Re: I shouldn't be here - April 13th 2013, 12:12 AM

Hey, sweetie, the first thing I want you to do is breathe. Step away from yourself and your situation for a moment, and look at it from an objective point of view. Read over everything you said, think back to everything you've been through, and think to yourself: "Is this the rational thing to do?" Because suicide is never a rational decision. It's an on-the-spot decision that had virtually no training behind it. Sure, IN YOUR MIND, you have every reason to do this, and its probably the exact right way to handle your situation. But if you're standing on the outside looking in, you know that it is not the right decision. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

And I hope you don't feel like I'm lecturing you, because that is absolutely not what I am doing. I know what you're going through - I went through it myself several times. And I do still suffer from the depression. But I'm a survivor now, and you can be too. When I attempted suicide over the summer, and when I walked into that psych hospital just two days later, I realized it was the biggest mistake of my life. I was nearly DEAD. I've had to live with the consequences ever since. My brother and I had separate spring breaks this year, and both my parents had to work, but I didn't get any time by myself because my parents no longer trust me to be by myself. I know you don't want this to happen to you. If you succeeded in your attempt, your family, friends, and relatives would be devastated. If you failed, you would have to live with the guilt and the consequences that come with your decisions for the rest of your life.

Waking up the day after an attempt to realize that you are still alive is the worst thing I've ever felt. Thinking back, I feel so guilty for all of the pain, suffering, and genuine fear I put my family and friends through. I don't want you to have to live like this. Please, please don't go through with it. Suicide is not the answer. You may be rescuing yourself from whatever depression or muck you're going through, but you're going to end up causing your family and friends to go through similar pain that you are going through now.

You need to see a professional. Do you have a doctor, therapist, nurse, school counselor, teacher, some adult that you could talk to who would help you? If you are thinking seriously about suicide, please go to an emergency room. If you have no way of getting there, and your parents won't help you, call 911. Because this is a number for people to call during crisis or emergency situations. If you have a plan, you are officially in a crisis situation. Just tell the 911 operator that you are thinking about suicide and need help. They will send an ambulance to get you, and the operator will most likely stay on the line to make sure that you are safe until the ambulance arrives.

Please, just think carefully and make the smart decision. I know it's probably so tough right now, and survival seems impossible, but it really is possible. You will be so much stronger once you get through this. And hopefully, you will be able to use your situation to help others, just as I am hoping to help you.

Send me a PM if you ever need to talk. I am on your side. Hopefully, you can trust that survival IS possible, and take my situation as evidence of the ability to survive. But nobody can give you the strength to survive. The strength is within you. You need to take that strength that I know you have and use it to fight through the hard times.

I'm here for you if you ever need me.

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

Closed Thread