TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TwistofFate_07 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ashley

suicide attempt yesterday - April 11th 2013, 01:13 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Yesterday I got so angry at my grandmother yesterday and I crossed the street in front of traffic and almost got killed. We were walking to the bank and we couldn't find it and it was hot out side and she was just so annoying. I lost my temper and yelled at her and told her to shut up and slammed my soda bottle on the ground. I just lost it that I don't even think I knew what I was doing. I been having temper issues ever since I was little. They were worse when I was little, I used to throw fits and throw things, scream, and hit people. I think we all did that when we were little. Anyway, I haven't had a fit for years now. I don't even know why I did that yesterday. I'm just so stressed out and worried.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: suicide attempt yesterday - April 11th 2013, 03:17 AM

Be careful; as you just witnessed, rage can get you or others killed. Is there anything that can keep you sane just by thinking of it? Any little techniques?
Don't stress yourself out...It could've just been the heat or hormones or a combination of the two. But don't take it lightly, but don't beat yourself up over it. I do suggest you do something to stop these rages. I don't really have anymore advice...sorry.
I hope you get better with this.
God bless!
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: suicide attempt yesterday - April 11th 2013, 04:21 AM

Hey!

Sorry to hear about this. I can relate. I have pretty bad temper issues myself, feel so sorry for my mom... I agree with Ally, I think the heat could have something to do with it. I often get angry whenever I get really hot. And I think being teenagers that our hormones play a part in this as well. However, maybe you could tell her when she does something that bothers you so it doesn't all build up? Or talk to people about what's stressing you out? Sometimes I carry a cold soda around so when I get angry and need to cool off, I just gulp down a soda and process my thoughts before doing something dramatic. Silly, but it helps.

Hope you feel better.

Closed Thread