TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Letting it go - April 11th 2013, 02:22 AM

So i been gone awhile and im ready to say my reason. Well in january i tried to kill myself things were pretty bad. my parents refused to get me help still do i feel like they dont even care. well so i tried to OD and well i felt nothing but nausea and so i took more until there was nothing to take i dont remeber much after everything was a blur i didnt go on the internet that mush either. but life has been hard i feel like i lost all my friends they think i wanted attention but i just wanted it to end sometimes when i walk home from work or to work i think how i could just jump into traffic and let a car hit me but than i think of the other cars and putting them in danger than i wish they would just hit me on accident. well now here i am still alive still my same depressed self but i guess God doesnt want me so who does. Anyway i just wanted to rant about that

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

Last edited by Palmolive; April 11th 2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Removing prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Letting it go - April 11th 2013, 02:51 AM

My parents won't get me help either,they find it funny.They don't care.

You ATTEMPT suicide,& they still didn't get you help(from what I read).Do your parents know you tried to kill your self?

Do you still go to school? You could tell teacher/guidance consular/trust adult.Tell them you attempt suicide,they will contact your parents,& blah,blah,blah(not really helpful,lol).

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Re: Letting it go - April 11th 2013, 03:38 AM

They were out of town if they know they sure dont seem like it my friend and my sister know and I tried that in tenth grade they said they would get me a therapist yeah never happened

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Letting it go - April 11th 2013, 05:46 AM

Hey, Coco.

I'm so sorry about this darling. What you're feeling, the attempt, the fact your parents won't get you help. You're an amazing person and you deserve so much better. You deserve support and love. Suicide really isn't the answer, you have so much life to live and so many things to experience. You're meant to be here, you have a purpose, a future. God knows that, God's watching after you. He loves you, don't forget that. He knows that you have so much life to live here on Earth.

Couldn't you speak with a therapist yourself since you're 18? Or talk with your school counselor or teacher? Even admitting yourself into the hospital as a danger to yourself could get you some help, someone to talk to and help you work through your problems. Can you talk to your siblings/friends about your feelings? To help get things off your chest.

In the meantime, how about meeting new people? New friends and such? Get some new hobbies or interest, change up your life a bit. Go back to doing something you did when you were younger such as watching a tv show or movie you used to love/listening to songs you used to love but haven't heard in awhile. Try out ice skating, something fun like that, something that'd take practice but eventually turn out to be something like an escape from life. Another thing that may help is writing your feelings/thoughts in a journal to express yourself. I know you already write poems which is good.

Remember that things get better, okay? You can do this, darling. It won't rain forever. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. Feel free to message me anytime.

Stay Strong <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Re: Letting it go - April 11th 2013, 06:16 AM

thanks im afraid of getting help i dont know why it just scares me because im still in school i try to talk with my couselor its just hard my sister doesnt really want to talk to me but im trying to hang in there

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Letting it go - April 11th 2013, 06:39 AM

I understand how scary it can be, I really do but I think that the 5 minutes of bravery of telling someone would make a positive impact on your life. I think that it's well worth it. Maybe writing a note to someone would make it easier? Or even a text.

Closed Thread