TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Attempted - April 11th 2013, 05:50 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i attempted suicide this morning...
dont worry about me
i have a feeling its just a matter of time
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Attempted - April 11th 2013, 06:09 AM

Drew, this is not the way. You've been through so much and it's so bad to give up now. Please go to the hospital or call 911. They can help you, offer support, offer help/guidance. You're worth it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Attempted - April 11th 2013, 03:17 PM

Drew,

We haven't talked at all, but I've seen some of your posts on the forums, and it seems like you're going through a hard time, and have been for a while. You have been through some things that I could not imagine myself experiencing, let alone making it out up to this point.

Why are you giving up? Why, after all this time of survival? Don't you believe your life has some sort of purpose to it? How would your beloved lost ones feel knowing that you want to give up? They would *want* you to keep *fighting* and come out of this stronger than you could ever fathom. Please, stop giving up. If you truly end this, you may or may not see them, and you may or may not just become another tragedy, another statistic, and another memory. Do these people that have passed want that? Why would they ever want that? It's hurtful that you would carry on your own life in mourning of theirs- that the sole purpose of your life would now be to suffer because of injustice beyond belief. Please agree with me, you know none of the past should have happened. Those are the types of things you see on the news, not in your own life. Please believe that- I lost somebody in the Sandy Hook shootings in December.

Drew, some people may coddle you on here, and others are going to ignore what you're saying. It hurts us, and it hurts the ones you've lost when you give up like this. You have so much to live for- to carry on their legacies and make their stories heard- to make sure *they're* not just a statistic and a memory, and in order to do that, *you* cannot become a statistic and a memory. I ask that you please connect with somebody outside of TeenHelp, by that I mean a mentor, a member of the clergy, your neighbor, a doctor, anybody you can remotely trust. I know that speaking up is the hardest part- just give yourself 20 seconds of insane courage, just to *say* something, that you're hurting, and I promise good things will come out of it. You seem afraid of the unknown- well ending your life is the epitome of the unknown. Don't let it be that way, Drew. Talk to somebody. Don't be a statistic.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dessykins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Odessa Fraser

Re: Attempted - April 11th 2013, 06:56 PM

I don't understand why anyone would not want to live anymore, I mean I know what it feels like...but it's something i'm constantly trying to figure out. I mean, we all go through similar feelings and problems. We all go through similar battles. We may be different people, but trust me, we all go through the same or similar feelings. But, honestly, even when you feel stuck.. you feel like nothing is going to ever get better.. it does, it might not be in the way that we want it to be.. but it still gets better in its own way. we find ways to cope. even when you feel stuck, life is still moving forward. My lowest point was summer 2011, I was in bed everyday.. all day.. I could barely move.. everything made me feel sick.. everyone made me feel sick. I made myself feel sick.. I didn't want to be alive anymore. dealing with loss, sucks. But here I am, a few years later, alive and still breathing. I would have never guessed that things would have changed.. but they did. Most of the time, it feels like nothing changes, but then a year passes and I look back.. and things have changed. most of my problems, especially the minor ones that I thought would never go away.. are just gone. because its all in the past.. don't get me wrong, I still feel sad when I look back...but, I moved forward.. life moved forward. but I value the good times and good memories that have impacted me.. and accepted how things are and will be. but if I can move forward, I believe anyone can. I know its hard, especially when your mindset is constantly thinking about whats wrong with you and what's wrong with the world.. But sometimes, you just need to change the way you look at things..Sometimes you need to focus on what's right instead of what's wrong..surround yourself with the littlest things that do make you happy. I know that can be extremely hard to do when you're going through a tough time.. but there is always good within the bad, and bad within the good. and what's how it's always going to be. but, time changes everything, there are always opportunities.. for change.. good change.. life is full of possibilities and opportunities. I never believed that before.. but I do now, since I somehow overcame any obstacles that came my way. I think life is the best thing we were given.. and we shouldn't trash it and give ourselves away. as unhappy as some things may make us, we should always fight through them.. there's always a way to get through.. there's always a new path to go.. sometimes our minds just get clouded with how awful things are.. that we don't take the time to value and appreciate the little things that are good. anyway, I know may not understand from a specific persons view point, especially since I don't know you, your life, and your past...and I don't even know if a stranger cares about how I think or feel.. or if anything i'm going to say is going to help in anyway.. but i'm trying.. since we all have a story.. or stories.
  Send a message via Skype™ to dessykins 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Attempted - April 12th 2013, 05:03 AM

I'm sorry I don't have the energy or focus to write a nice long reply like you deserve. I just wanted to say that I just logged on because I'm worried about you, and I'm SO GLAD to hear that you're still alive. You're strong, hang in there.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Attempted - April 14th 2013, 03:39 AM

i dont know how much longer i can hold on
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Attempted - April 14th 2013, 03:48 PM

Hey,

So you say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss You View Post
i dont know how much longer i can hold on
But you've been saying this for months. I know when you feel as low as you feel now, it feels and seems really hard to even get through the next day, hour at times, even minutes. I've been there and I get it but I also know that you have been fighting this for a whole long time and even though you're saying this, you've said in tons before and you've always gotten through it. You're still here fighting and I think that as long as you work hard enough, you'll keep going. But that's down to you. You have to choose recovery and to choose to live. It's possible but like I said you have to choose it and you have to want it and most importantly you have to work for it.

Don't stop fighting,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Attempted - April 18th 2013, 06:43 AM

i dont know anymore...feels like its closing in on me..and i cant breathe
Closed Thread