TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LookingUp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Olivia

I'm lost - April 14th 2013, 04:08 PM

I feel really bad today, I have been through so much counselling over the past couple of years, and then suddenly something stupid comes a long and ruins everything I have worked so hard at.

I let some people get really close to me because I put my complete trust in them, I fall to easily, to hard.
I have just been to hospital recently for doing something silly, again. There was only one person in my life keeping me together and giving me all the support I could wish for, now they have left me.
My family dont give me any help.

I always find myself asking 'what is the point in life' and 'how do you define life?' People always tell me and I do sometimes tell myself "life is what you make it" but what if you cant figure that out?

People just seem to just wait until I get up, just so they can kick me back down. "It will get better" people say. "It could be worse people say"
Yes. It could be much worse and I am aware of that, I just want it to get better, that is all. I just want to be happy overall again.

I just would love someone to help me, to be there for me. I'm sorry for the rant. I just needed to vent this

LOVE YOURSELF
BEFORE
LOVING
ANYONE ELSE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm lost - April 14th 2013, 07:14 PM

Hi there, Olivia c:

I'm really sorry to hear you've been struggling. I know how you feel, really, I do.

First of all, it's great that you've been working hard to improve your situation. It looks like you have the will to get better, and that is key in overcoming something like this. From what you've said, it sounds like you've had a bit of a setback recently, and I'm sorry if that has happened. But, you know, recovery is a bumpy road. It has ups and downs, and you shouldn't let anything that happens or along the way make you lose hope. Pick yourself back up, and head for the finish line, you'll get there eventually.

I often question the point of life myself, and sometimes I find myself doubting that it's worth it. However, life, in my opinion, gives you the chance to beat your demons and seek what you want from it. And that's why you shouldn't give up. Life can present you with challenging situations such as this one, but, for me, it's all part of the parcel of seeking the life you want. And don't let what other people say bring you down either. They shouldn't be able to stop you from getting better. And things will get better, trust me.

I really hope things get better for you soon. Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need help with anything. Take care.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: I'm lost - April 14th 2013, 11:51 PM

Hey there.

It's great that you were able to get this out, and I'm really sorry that you're feeling so down

I know that sometimes it feels like life is TRYING to kick you down, but here's the thing...it can all have benefit to you. What do I mean? Well, when you do strenuous exercise, be it running, push-ups, whatever, it can cause a certain amount of discomfort and even pain, because you're working your muscles and causing their fibers to tear. However, they grow back, and end up even stronger than before. You have to bring them down before they'll get better. Now, I'm not saying that people should TRY to put you in pain, but what I'm saying is that in the same way, you'll probably learn to build yourself back up even stronger than you were before. You'll be able to get through this. Like I tend to say: It might not get better tomorrow, or next week, or in the next month or even the next year, but it WILL get better (and who knows, it might even get better tomorrow! You won't know until you stick around!!!).

Please know that you are not alone, and you're more than welcome to let me know if you need anything or just want to talk. I'm here for you

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I'm lost - April 15th 2013, 11:57 AM

Everyone above gave you some amazing advice so I just wanted to say something.

I'm really sorry about this person leaving you. I can relate so much to feeling like... You know, you put everything into this person then they leave? I understand how awful and lonely that can feel but everyone's right, it does get better. I've saw it, felt it. I know right now everything feels confusing, sad and like nothing will be better again but believe me, that's not true at all.

You can do this. I'm here if you need me, alright?

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread