TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Down in the dumps... - April 16th 2013, 12:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey guys.

So starting last night, I've just been feeling absolutely miserable. I seriously think I've been crying non-stop since last night. I can't, for the life of me, figure out what triggered this though. All of a sudden, I was feeling the same way I did the day I had to be hospitalized the second time for suicidal ideation. I don't have any plan or intention of suicide, but it's a thought that is kind of lingering in the back of my mind. I don't know what to do about this. I can't understand why I'm feeling this way, or what could have possibly triggered these feelings. It just... It hurts so badly. My body is actually aching from the depression and sadness I'm feeling.

Does anyone know of anything that might help? I'm not scheduled to see my school's guidance intern (long story) until Thursday, which is the same day I'll be seeing my therapist. I'm not sure what to do. I could talk to my actual guidance counselor, but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with talking to her, because she has a... Different way of dealing with these problems. When she found out that I was cutting, she was all "well that's no excuse to hurt yourself" and "they can't make you do that to yourself". If she were more sympathetic and compassionate, I would tell her everything. But she's not like that.

The worst part about this is that I have to hide these feelings. Nobody in my new school knows anything about my situation, and I would really prefer it stay that way. So nobody can know that I'm feeling like this.

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Down in the dumps... - April 16th 2013, 12:56 AM

Hey, MB.

First of all, I am so so sorry to hear about how you're feeling, darling. You're such an amazing person and you deserve to feel so much happier.

Something I think might help is to write down your day, your thoughts and feelings in a journal so you can look over it and figure out your triggers. What you were doing/thinking about right before you got such sad feelings. And have things you can go to when you start feeling this way. Like a song that comforts you, a game, or something to do you enjoy. Anything to try and cheer yourself up. Some people feel a lot better when they go back to watching older movies they used to love as a kid. Maybe you could do that as well? Also, going for walks may help to clear your mind and refresh a bit.

I think it'd be a great idea if you talked with your therapist instead of your guidance counselor because from what you said, it sounds like talking to your counselor wouldn't help and just make you feel worse possibly. Also, for during the day/night, I think it'd really be helpful to you if you told your mom or dad how you're feeling lately so you can talk to them when you're feeling sad. Maybe they could sit with you and listen, be there to help. You deserve some support and help, so don't feel afraid to reach out, alright?

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, sweetie. I see you around here helping a lot of people and you do a lot of good around here always giving such helpful and amazing advice. You've even helped me and I'm so grateful to have you as a friend. I admire you so much for what you've been through in your life and the fact you've gotten through it. You're a strong and amazing person, an inspiration. You can do this, beautiful. I know things are so hard right now but you're so strong.

Stay Strong <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Re: Down in the dumps... - April 16th 2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabel View Post
Hey, MB.

First of all, I am so so sorry to hear about how you're feeling, darling. You're such an amazing person and you deserve to feel so much happier.

Something I think might help is to write down your day, your thoughts and feelings in a journal so you can look over it and figure out your triggers. What you were doing/thinking about right before you got such sad feelings. And have things you can go to when you start feeling this way. Like a song that comforts you, a game, or something to do you enjoy. Anything to try and cheer yourself up. Some people feel a lot better when they go back to watching older movies they used to love as a kid. Maybe you could do that as well? Also, going for walks may help to clear your mind and refresh a bit.

I think it'd be a great idea if you talked with your therapist instead of your guidance counselor because from what you said, it sounds like talking to your counselor wouldn't help and just make you feel worse possibly. Also, for during the day/night, I think it'd really be helpful to you if you told your mom or dad how you're feeling lately so you can talk to them when you're feeling sad. Maybe they could sit with you and listen, be there to help. You deserve some support and help, so don't feel afraid to reach out, alright?

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, sweetie. I see you around here helping a lot of people and you do a lot of good around here always giving such helpful and amazing advice. You've even helped me and I'm so grateful to have you as a friend. I admire you so much for what you've been through in your life and the fact you've gotten through it. You're a strong and amazing person, an inspiration. You can do this, beautiful. I know things are so hard right now but you're so strong.

Stay Strong <3
Thank you SO much. Reading this literally brought tears to my eyes. You are so sweet and helpful, very inspirational to me.

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Down in the dumps... - April 16th 2013, 03:00 AM

That makes me so happy to hear. You're so welcome, darling.

Closed Thread