TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Psyke Offline
The one, the only Psyke
Not a n00b

When is it supposed to get better? - April 18th 2013, 05:07 AM

As the title suggests, when is the saying, "it gets better" actually comes into fruition?

I've been struggling with suicide for over 15 years already, and I don't see any reasonable way to get out of it.

Obviously there's ways to overcome/forget about it.
- suicide - I just... I want to. So badly. But I can't.
- drugs - addictive substance... No thanks.
- talking with people - pushing my problems on another person when they have a life time a problems just doesn't work with me. I'd rather just deal with it myself.

So, seriously. When is it supposed to be better? I've talked with people which turned out horridly, smoked marihuana, drank alcohol, and self-mutilation. None of it works.

I'm sorry. You probably don't care.

Before anybody make the obvious comment, "if you hate pushing your problems on other people, why are you doing it here?" First of all, I've spent the past couple months contemplating posting this.

A few things you must know about me.

1. Social interactions are confusing. I may offend you. Don't take it the wrong way.

2. If you need help, regardless of what it is, you can always pm me.

3. I'm brutally honest. Sugar coating is more brutal.

4. You, yes the person reading this, is a spectacular lovely person. Don't let anybody tell you different.

Best Anti-Suicide advertisement, especially considering it's not even about suicide.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stupidity Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jeremy

Re: When is it supposed to get better? - April 18th 2013, 05:15 AM

Things won't change unless you do. I was pretty damn shit a few months ago, I forced myself to change my mindset on life and try and get a bit better. Few months later I still have some problems but I'm working on them, trying to at least gain 1% to be better every month. It's slow, really fucking slow but you get there in the end.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: When is it supposed to get better? - April 18th 2013, 10:41 PM

Can you pin point anything about your life that makes you particularly sad? If so what is it?
Also I noticed in your signature you say that you are always willing to give people help and to PM you if they need to talk to someone, yet you yourself aren't comfortable doing that. You say that you don't want to burden other people with your issues, yet you are willing to help take on other peoples problems. If you feel like other people are deserving of having their problems listened to then aren't yours also?

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: When is it supposed to get better? - April 19th 2013, 01:44 AM

Hi there!

Sorry you've been going so long feeling this way. Is there anything in your life that's happening now or in the past that's bothering you? I just wanted to say that you're really mature for realizing that Self-Harm, drugs, and alcohol isn't the answer and doesn't help. Something else, I do care. I'm glad you've reached out. That's really brave.

I understand that you don't wanna push your problems on others but they talk to people about how they're feeling too. There's no reason why you can't. It's perfectly okay to get things off your chest and not everyone will react badly. If talking to your friends didn't help, could you talk to family members? I thought I'd suggest that talking to a therapist about this so you can try to tackle this problem?

When you've always got a negative view on life, you'll always feel this way. I know this is easier said than done but you have to do something one day at a time. Appreciate the little things, all the things in each day that make you smile or feel even a little happier. Focus on that and try to start seeing the positive things in the bad days. It may seem silly at first, but after while it starts to work.

Another thing, exercising releases endorphins and doing anything that requires a lot of activity such as biking, sports... Ya' get my drift? It gets your adrenaline going. You put both those together daily and it'll keep you in a more hyper and happier mood. Keep lots of vitamins in your diet which can effect mood. Eat lots of fruit and veggies. And try to stay in the sun as much as possible because the sun increases a natural chemical in your brain to induce more positive emotions.

Do something new. Get interested in something new like a game, TV series, book, a hobby. Explore different things and find something new you enjoy. Go back to doing something you used to love but haven't done for awhile.

Change up things in your life. As big as changing your hairstyle for a new look, to something as small as redecorating your room/house, adding different sheets/curtains. So you won't be going back to the same things everyday. Have more bright and happy colors around as well.

Also, being one that doesn't like talking to people in real life about her feelings, writing poems or writing your feelings in a journal can be a great way to express yourself. You could also write everything that goes on each day, feelings, what happens, in a journal and try to pinpoint what's making you feel this way all the time.

Hope I helped a bit. Just always remember that other people have gotten through this so you can too. It'll take hard work, dedication and time but it's possible and worth it. Don't give up. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Stay Strong <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Psyke Offline
The one, the only Psyke
Not a n00b

Re: When is it supposed to get better? - April 23rd 2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir
Things won't change unless you do. I was pretty damn shit a few months ago, I forced myself to change my mindset on life and try and get a bit better. Few months later I still have some problems but I'm working on them, trying to at least gain 1% to be better every month. It's slow, really fucking slow but you get there in the end.
What if the main problem is me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrigidaeofChrono
Can you pin point anything about your life that makes you particularly sad? If so what is it?
Yes. I cannot answer this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrigidaeofChrono
If you feel like other people are deserving of having their problems listened to then aren't yours also?
This goes back to the main source of my depression. I don't deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabel
Sorry you've been going so long feeling this way. Is there anything in your life that's happening now or in the past that's bothering you? I just wanted to say that you're really mature for realizing that Self-Harm, drugs, and alcohol isn't the answer and doesn't help. Something else, I do care. I'm glad you've reached out. That's really brave.
Thanks, I suppose. And yes; however, I cannot say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabel
I understand that you don't wanna push your problems on others but they talk to people about how they're feeling too. There's no reason why you can't. It's perfectly okay to get things off your chest and not everyone will react badly. If talking to your friends didn't help, could you talk to family members? I thought I'd suggest that talking to a therapist about this so you can try to tackle this problem?
I'm going to stop typing your username now. You know I'm speaking to you, plus I'm fairly drunk. There's a valid reason why I don't deserve to get things off my chest, and I highly doubt people will react decently. I've tried talking to my family. Dad, specifically. He told everybody. I can't trust him.

Quote:
When you've always got a negative view on life, you'll always feel this way. I know this is easier said than done but you have to do something one day at a time. Appreciate the little things, all the things in each day that make you smile or feel even a little happier. Focus on that and try to start seeing the positive things in the bad days. It may seem silly at first, but after while it starts to work.
All the smiles I've had in the past three years were to manipulate people into believing I'm okay. I haven't been happy, at all, since.

Quote:
Do something new. Get interested in something new like a game, TV series, book, a hobby. Explore different things and find something new you enjoy. Go back to doing something you used to love but haven't done for awhile.

Change up things in your life. As big as changing your hairstyle for a new look, to something as small as redecorating your room/house, adding different sheets/curtains. So you won't be going back to the same things everyday. Have more bright and happy colors around as well.
I tried. I tried deleting my Facebook. My best friend convinced me not to. Because if I delete Facebook, I lose her as a friend. (Facebook is our only form of communication) I'll try other things tomorrow.

Quote:
Also, being one that doesn't like talking to people in real life about her feelings, writing poems or writing your feelings in a journal can be a great way to express yourself. You could also write everything that goes on each day, feelings, what happens, in a journal and try to pinpoint what's making you feel this way all the time.
Last time I did this, the police were called. I had to go to the hospital and get evaluated.

Quote:
Hope I helped a bit. Just always remember that other people have gotten through this so you can too. It'll take hard work, dedication and time but it's possible and worth it. Don't give up. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Stay Strong <3
I'll try. Thank you.

A few things you must know about me.

1. Social interactions are confusing. I may offend you. Don't take it the wrong way.

2. If you need help, regardless of what it is, you can always pm me.

3. I'm brutally honest. Sugar coating is more brutal.

4. You, yes the person reading this, is a spectacular lovely person. Don't let anybody tell you different.

Best Anti-Suicide advertisement, especially considering it's not even about suicide.

Closed Thread