TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
:-) Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

You're Not A Sad Story - April 20th 2013, 11:57 PM

You're not a sad story, you are alive! And if that's no reason to smile, I don't know what is. About 2 years ago I was severely depressed and self harmed everyday. Suicidal thoughts were constantly on my mind and they were hard to ignore. So hard that they scared me so I went to my doctor and got the help I needed. I am now on two different anti-depressants since then and those medications have saved my life. Help is there, you just need to look for it. And I know that the thought of going out of your way to get the help is a very exhausting thought to you right now but you need it. There are reasons to live, they may not be visible right now but in time you will see them. Time is everything. Be patient and you will feel better. It's been over 2 years and I wouldn't say that I'm happy but I'm way better off then I was before and I'm so blessed to be alive. You need to search deep for a little bit of optimism and it can take you places. Help is everywhere. Don't be stubborn and take the easy way out. Life is meant to be challenging but we get on from those challenges and seek out great adventures. Those adventures are what keeps me going every day and they should keep you going too. Please don't give up, you are loved by many people. They may not show it, or they may even be people half across the world from you, but there ARE people. Be patient, give it sometime, and create some optimism within yourself. You can keep going. You have to keep going. Your life is worth so much more than you give it credit for and it needs to be lived.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: You're Not A Sad Story - April 21st 2013, 12:11 AM

So sorry you went through all this. Although I am so happy you've made it through this and realize all this. That's amazing how strong you are. I have a lot of respect for you. <3 Thanks for sharing this, it's so inspiring.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: You're Not A Sad Story - April 21st 2013, 03:35 AM

This is really inspirational! I'm so happy that you got through everything that you did and came out on top. You are an amazing, strong person.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Joeyd Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joseph

Re: You're Not A Sad Story - April 21st 2013, 05:41 AM

Very inspirational!

It's great to hear you are doing much better! Our past shapes us into who we are today.

Closed Thread