TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ColeF Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cole

Unhappy I can't take it! - April 25th 2013, 07:01 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just got into a fight with my mom over something silly. She is going to get rid of my sugar gliders. They're my life... But, I've caused her enough pain. I thought we had some sort of symbiosis, but I'm obviously just a parasite. I hate my life. Nothing will make me happy anymore. I think it's high time another leach is removed from this world.

Last time I self-harmed: 20 May 2013
Last time I had a suicidal thought: Tonight
Last time I lost sleep: Tonight
Last time I used: 13 April 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wickgaga Offline
Average Joe

Name: Malorey

Re: I can't take it! - April 25th 2013, 08:12 AM

Are you sure she was not just saying she would get rid of them due to the heat of the moment? I know my mom and I both make a lot of threats when we fight that never happen. Let things calm down, and see if it was just an empty threat, or if not, try to speak to her about it and work things out, especially if it's over something you found to be silly. Hang in there, okay!? Let things calm down.

"They can't scare me, if I scare them first."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I can't take it! - April 25th 2013, 09:05 PM

I agree with Malorey, maybe it's just a threat she made to scare you. I mean, does she have a legit reason to get rid of them? If she knows about your depression and other issues then I think maybe you should try to explain to her how much your sugar gliders mean to you and what'll happen if she takes them away.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I can't take it! - April 25th 2013, 11:34 PM

Hi, Cole.

Aww I'm so sorry about this. I know how much your sugar gliders mean to you and you mom probably knows too. If she doesn't, explain they help you with depression, just something to have in your life that makes you happy. Although I don't think she meant it because people threaten things like that during a heated argument often. Like my mom threatened to get rid of my rabbit a few years ago, she didn't mean it though.

And hey, no matter what happens, suicide is never an answer, alright? I know it's out of being so sad and depressed and it's overwhelming, but your life means much more than you know. You belong here, you have a purpose here.

Focus on your sugar gliders. When you aren't spending time with them, you could have another side pet you could take care of. You can also write your feelings down in a journal/notepad if you want, just to vent and express yourself better. It's usually pretty helpful.

I'm always here to listen if you need to talk about your feelings or vent. I have fights with my mom a lot and sure, they are really upsetting but it eventually gets better. Your mom loves you, she's your mother.

Stay Strong <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ColeF Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't take it! - April 26th 2013, 10:59 AM

She comes in here and starts to talk me down. This happens all the time. She hardly ever makes idle threats though. I shouldn't expect to live a full 12 years with Sasha. She'll probably be sold after I sell the babies. Whatever. I'm not meant to be happy.

Thanks everyone; but I'm back in this mindset. What's talking about anything going to do for me? I don't know anyone. I don't have any friends. I shouldn't dilute my judgment with my feelings.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I can't take it! - April 26th 2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeF View Post
She comes in here and starts to talk me down. This happens all the time. She hardly ever makes idle threats though. I shouldn't expect to live a full 12 years with Sasha. She'll probably be sold after I sell the babies. Whatever. I'm not meant to be happy.

Thanks everyone; but I'm back in this mindset. What's talking about anything going to do for me? I don't know anyone. I don't have any friends. I shouldn't dilute my judgment with my feelings.
You're meant to be happy! You're meant to have a great, long, fulfilling life just like everyone else is.

I hate being talked down to! Is there any way that you could explain that to her so she can watch her tone around you? Did she say anything about the sugar gliders?

Talk to her, explain that you really need these sugar gliders for your happiness.

If she still is set on making you sell them (why does she want you to sell them anyway?) then I think maybe you could become engrossed in a new topic or animal. You seem to know a lot about sugar gliders So, if you find something else that you could become an expert on, it might help!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#7 (permalink)) Old
ColeF Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't take it! - April 28th 2013, 04:03 AM

She wants to get rid of them because I apparently don't do enough for them and every time I do something for them I bitch about it. Excuse me? I don't think so. I feed them every other night, I clean their cage once a week, I hold them every day, I make sure the babies are okay. I do a lot for them. I do a lot for her. If I had my way, I would be content to just get mediocre grades, to have just a GED, to just have a simple life. Instead, I do three classes every six weeks, I take honors classes, I have an AP class. I "help" her with her homework. I do the dishes, laundry, take out the trash, make my own breakfast and lunch, do the grocery shopping. She comes in and makes a mess in my room, and I clean it. She plays ChefVille, does her psychiatry homework, loads the dishwasher sometimes, and feeds the sugar gliders every other day. She has a lot of audacity to tell me that I don't do enough.

Everyone tells me that it'll get better, that I can find something that makes me happy. Nothing makes me happy except for my sugar gliders. Now, the one thing that makes me happy is going to be taken away, and I won't be allowed to have any other pets. Every time I try to talk to her about it she flies off the handle. I wish I could know what I did wrong, besides being born.

Closed Thread