TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fearless01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't know what to do - April 29th 2013, 08:03 PM

I have been pretty sad for a while and I'm probably depressed. I've had suicidal thoughts since I was about 9 or 10, but they were just thoughts, not urges. Now I have pretty strong urges. Last night my little sister yelled at me for using her charger (it doesn't seem that bad but you wouldn't understand unless you were there) and I went to bed early and cried for about an hour. The whole time I was thinking about what would happen if I killed myself. I already have a plan, but not a time. Then this morning as soon as I woke up I thought it would be better to suffocate myself with a plastic bag so that I don't have to go to the hospital for an overdose and nobody will know if I fail. I even had a dream about killing myself. Am I crazy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I don't know what to do - April 29th 2013, 08:22 PM

Hi there!

No, you're definitely not crazy. A lot of people become depressed or suicidal at some point in their lives. It's also common at our age.

I recommend telling your sister that she hurts your feelings when she yells at you like that and ask her to stop.

I want you to know that nothing is ever worth giving up your life for. There's going to be bumps along the road of life; but you shouldn't give up. Someday you'll look back and be proud of how you pulled through this and how strong you are.

As for your depression, I think you should tell someone if it gets worse. In the meantime, do something for yourself. Get out there! Take a walk, watch a movie, get your nails done, do whatever it is that you like to help cheer you up. You always have everyone's support here on TeenHelp.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Re: I don't know what to do - April 29th 2013, 10:11 PM

Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry you're feeling this way!

You are not crazy, honey. And if you are crazy, well then I'm right there with you, cuz I have the same problems.

This sounds like major depression (I'm not a professional so don't count this as a diagnosis). This can be very difficult to deal with. But it is very important for you to try to get help. Talk to an adult whom you trust, such as a parent, relative, doctor, counselor, therapist, or even a favorite teacher.

Is it possible that this extreme upset reaction could have anything to do with PMS? I know I mistake PMS for depression all the time.

Please stay strong, keep your head up, sweetie. I'm here for you if you need me. Feel free to PM or VM me any time. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I don't know what to do - April 30th 2013, 04:07 AM

Hey, hun.

I'm really sorry about all this. Arguments are really horrible. I don't think you're crazy, a lot of us get depressed or suicidal at some time in our life. That's why you can make it through as well. Others have, so can you! I realize things can get really hard but sometimes we have to try and cope, try to make it through and learn good coping techniques. You're a really strong person, you can do this.

Something you should definitely do is talk to someone about these thoughts before they become overwhelming. It could save your life and someday I believe you'll truly be thankful for that. Let people know about these thoughts you have. You are worth it, your life is worth so much more than you know. You've got your whole future ahead of you and it'd be a shame to throw that away.

When you feel sad like this, maybe you could write your feelings in a journal to vent and express yourself? Or try to remove yourself from these thoughts by doing something distracting and enjoyable. Try to learn different coping mechanisms for when you get these feelings. Go for a nice refreshing walk.

I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

You can do this, beautiful.
Stay Strong <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fearless01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't know what to do - April 30th 2013, 05:58 PM

Thanks for answering. I just have a lot going on right now. I have been going to the doctor for dizziness and he thinks I have something called pots. I can barely even go to school because of it. I have missed 2 weeks and I'm really behind in school. I'm a mostly straight a student and now I'm probably failing every class. More things are just added to the pile and I feel like I'm collapsing under all of the pressure.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I don't know what to do - April 30th 2013, 08:30 PM

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about that.

Just remember that you can always make up school work later. Your health is more important. Health comes first. I hope you feel better soon!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fearless01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't know what to do - April 30th 2013, 09:36 PM

Thanks. I wish my teachers cared more that I get better, but I guess they don't understand

Closed Thread