TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Yeah. - April 29th 2013, 11:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm slowly coming to certain realizations in my life that I'm...certainly not happy about. I feel like the only hope of mine that had been kind of pushing me through everything has now been crushed by my self-doubt and low self-esteem, and my self-loathing has been hitting an extreme. I hate literally everything about myself. Pretty much the only thing that I like is that I consider myself a nice person, but that's not enough to help me think more highly of myself. I feel like people hate me, like all I do is embarrass myself, and that I'm just not going to amount to anything. The absolute only reason I stopped self-harming was because I didn't want people I know to find out. I'm not 100% depressed every moment anymore. I'm medicated, but I'm not happy. I guess I feel like... what's the point, if this is how I'm supposed to feel "on the other side" of things? I question every little look I get, every little thing people say to me. I'm just constantly hurt.
I'm not positive about what I'm asking for here specifically, but...any advice would be appreciated.

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#2 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jack

Re: Yeah. - April 30th 2013, 12:12 AM

No one thinks high of them-self. No one. If you do, then your some kind of arrogant dictator. I think its best to be low profile type. Why do we have to stand out to impress others? Only self-respect matters, but we can only achieve it, when we truly want too.

N/A

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Yeah. - April 30th 2013, 04:16 AM

Hi, Sarah.

I understand how you feel. I can't tell you how much I've felt like that. I'm really sorry you're feeling like this as well.

First thing you could work on is how you look at yourself. Try to find one little thing you like about yourself, like being a nice person, that's good so work on that. You are a really polite person. Try to find something else and start to like/accept it. Like your eyes, look at the color and notice how pretty they are - that's something else. Keep going like that physically and personality-wise. Remind yourself that you look nice today, do little things like fix your hair in a way you like. But instead of doing it for everyone else, do it for yourself.

I always pay too much attention to what everyone says and does. It can be so upsetting and emotionally exhausting. So whenever you start to think about this, remind yourself it's irrational to be upset over this because it's just a word, it's just a look. Why does it matter? The only person you should work on pleasing, is yourself first.

See how amazing you are.
Stay Strong <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Yeah. - May 1st 2013, 12:22 AM

I've tried telling myself positive things befor, and I end up believing them for a little while... But then it always comes crashing back down. :/
I guess I've just come to accept the fact that I'm worthless.

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Yeah. - May 1st 2013, 03:08 AM

Sarah, telling yourself positive things then you started believing them. That means it worked. It got you into a more positive state of mind, and that was the goal! Keep at that?

Also, I understand exactly how you feel... About being worthless. I've felt like that so much but the thing is, you aren't worthless at all! You're actually really special and unique. Someone who is appreciative would really love you because of all the little things you do that make you, You. There's only one You, and that makes you special. There'll be other people that'll be similar to you, obviously, but nobody could ever replace you. So you aren't worthless, Sarah. You're a beautiful and special person.

Closed Thread