TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ghost_16 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Need something to hold onto - July 7th 2013, 10:57 AM

I can't go on anymore, I'm not strong enough, this is too hard. I have nothing to get me through the week and onto the next, heck I have nothing to get me through the day. It's to dark down in this deep dark place. I don't want to hold on anymore, I can't do this.

Last edited by Palmolive; July 9th 2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Removing prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Need something to hold onto - July 7th 2013, 06:28 PM

Hey,

I know that right now you feel like you can't do it, but I promise that you can do this and you will be okay eventually. I know right now you are in a dark place, but it won't always be dark. Life is not always beautiful, but it is beautiful a lot of the time. You just have to get out of whatever slump you are in.

Have you tried telling people about how you are feeling - friends, family, family doctor, etc. All of these people are great support systems and can give you stuff to look forward to. Life doesn't have to be rough, reach out, get help. Maybe some counselling would be beneficial for you!

The thing about depression is when you're in the midst of it, you think "life can't get any better." But once you get outside out the depression, you see that it can get better. It does get better, you aren't always going to suffer.

You are stronger than you think. I promise<3 If you want to talk, I'm here for you.

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière

I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Need something to hold onto - July 7th 2013, 11:57 PM

This is probably the stupidest reply you'll ever see but, you do have something to hold on to. You have yourself. Yourself is everything. Yourself is what matters the most. Sammie has good advice, try talking to someone about how you feel. Talking is a very therapeutic way of helping us get through day to day problems. The people here are very good listeners. Someone here is always ready to listen to you, find someone you feel will be good for you to talk with, PM/VM them and chat away!

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
faithgirl13 Offline
dream-on
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need something to hold onto - July 8th 2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_16 View Post
I can't go on anymore, I'm not strong enough, this is too hard. I have nothing to get me through the week and onto the next, heck I have nothing to get me through the day. It's to dark down in this deep dark place. I don't want to hold on anymore, I can't do this.
you always have something to hold onto dont leave.your little sister or brother may really need you,and what would happen to your dog when your gone,maybee that shy kid at school really likes and needs you,what about all your friends how are they gonna take it? I know its hard but you have to find a loope hole or a place u can go in your time of need some temporary type of stress relife until u find out how u want to be heard.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Need something to hold onto - July 9th 2013, 09:56 PM

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough time right now. I know it must be really hard for you and I want to tell you how well you have done by posting to us here for some help and support.

One thing I want to tell you: You can and you will, you can't and you won't. You can go on. The only person who can possibly stop you is yourself. You're strong enough. Sure it's going to be hard, it isn't going to be easy and in fact it may well be one of the hardest things but getting through this will bring you so much, it will make you so much stronger and once you get through to the other side, you honestly will be so happy that you never gave up. It will get better. You will get better. Sure, the journey is going to be hard but getting there is going to be amazing and you are worth it, okay? The fight is worth it.

You say you have nothing to get you through. How about you start making some goals and aims? You don't have to sit and write a how list it once, you can do it over a week or so if you want too. Start with a list of short term goals so things like walking your dog, having a bath, watching a dvd, doing your coursework, meeting a friend, going shopping, playing a game, spending time with your parents, going for a run etc. Anything that you like to do and anything that you want to do. And then do long term goals, so thinkgs like college/university, marriage, having a family, going sky diving, traveling the world, writing a book, running the marathon, meeting so many new people, reading so many books, doing volunteer work etc. Your life is what you make it. If you have nothing to hold on to, that's because you haven't made anything to hold on too. Think of things you enjoy doing, that are worth doing and that you want to do. Hell, make them into mind maps and hang them in in your room.

Has anything triggered you to feel this way? I don't know if something has happened or if something is happening for you that's making you feel so low but I want you to know that if you want to talk to us about anything, that we're always here for you and we'll always try our hardest to help you the best we can because we really care about you okay? Do you have anyone that you can talk to at home? Having a good support system in place can really help. People love and care about you, okay? So don't even suffer in silence.

This place is dark know but once you start to feel better in yourself and once things start to get better too, this place will slowly begin to come lighter and lighter and it's going to be utterly worth it. Life can be anything you want to be so be open and take the opportunities, okay? Because I promise you that these feelings won't last for ever and that you can get through this and be in a better and happier place. It will be worth it.

You CAN do this. Believe in yourself.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ghost_16 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Need something to hold onto - July 15th 2013, 01:44 AM

No I can't... I don't have anything to hold onto, anything at all. I want to SH so bad, I can't keep going on week after week like this.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Re: Need something to hold onto - July 15th 2013, 05:52 AM

Hey Chris,

Listen to me, bud. You can get through this. I know you can, bud. Sometimes life sucks. I know that. Sometimes life really hurts. I know that. But if you believe in yourself, you can do really really tough stuff. Have you looked into therapy or anything else that might be able to help you cope with this more effectively?

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

Closed Thread