TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rainbowwhovian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luce

The other day... - July 10th 2013, 01:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I found out that my unbiological big brother had committed suicide. He literally meant the world to me...and I don't know what to do...I found out on Sunday, and I haven't slept since, crying every night...and the smallest things remind me of him... his brother and sister, (and my unbiological big sis, and other unbiological big bro) told me a bit.. and it turns out that his parents abused him...and I just feel horrid...I wish that I could have done something to help save him...I wished that he would have emailed or called...I would have done anything to save him...but now he's gone...and...

Last edited by rainbowwhovian; July 10th 2013 at 01:59 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: The other day... - July 10th 2013, 06:33 PM

I’m so sorry hun=( I can’t even imagine what you are going through right now=( Stay strong though, not only for him but also yourself. He would want you to keep marching on with life. Remember too that yes, physically he’s gone but not in spirit. He is ALWAYS with you watching over you and guiding you even if you can’t see him. He will always BE there, whether you are 14 or 99.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: The other day... - July 10th 2013, 09:21 PM

Hi there,

I can not even begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now. I not so very long ago lost someone close to suicide and it was heart breaking and it still is. Grieving is a process. You are going to feel pain and you're going to cry and struggle to sleep and feel really lost and confused and maybe even guilty but it will start to get easier at some point. A big thing I suggest is to not be alone. Talk to people because they can support you through this and that's really important right now. I know it's hard and I wish I could say more to make it better and to make you feel better, but just know that we're here to support you and that in time it gets easier and better - it won't always be this hard, alright?

Make sure you look after yourself,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
rainbowwhovian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luce

Re: The other day... - July 11th 2013, 09:52 PM

Thank you both...
I'm starting to have nightmares too..when I actually manage to fall asleep...its a different scenario each time, but every time he asks for me to help him, and every time I can't...I didn't watch him die or anything though...and I can't tell anyone...because...I can't...and the nightmares are starting to really affect me..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: The other day... - July 11th 2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowwhovian View Post
Thank you both...
I'm starting to have nightmares too..when I actually manage to fall asleep...its a different scenario each time, but every time he asks for me to help him, and every time I can't...I didn't watch him die or anything though...and I can't tell anyone...because...I can't...and the nightmares are starting to really affect me..
Nightmares after something traumatic are very common. Its because you are still feeling sad about what happened and maybe even a little guilty. The important thing you you to know though is it is NOT your fault that your brother died. If you didnít know he was doing bad, there was nothing you could have done. If you did know he was doing bad, you did everything you could in the situation. You didnít make the choice for him, he did. Iím not trying to make him sound bad, he wasnít. Iím just trying to show you that we canít make other peopleís choices for them, just like they canít make our choices for us. They can help us and give us advice, sure. But in the end, we have the last say in whatever we do.

Closed Thread