TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jake

Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18

Unhappy depression is hell - August 14th 2013, 02:13 AM

So my depression won't go away, I've talked to my youth leader, friends and family about it. I've tried alternatives..exercising, reading, music heck even baking! But nothing helps...it just is something I have to live with I geuss...and I don't want it controlling my life...I've had 3 breakdowns because of it in the past 2 days...I can't take it anymore. Please someone help me from the hell that I'm living in! I can't do this beinng happy and fake smile and pretend everythings ok when inside I'm dying.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: depression is hell - August 14th 2013, 02:46 AM

Hi, Jacob!

Sorry things are going so badly for you lately, especially with the breakdowns. Can't imagine how difficult it must be. But I do think it's really good you're still trying, you know? You've been trying stuff, like reading, music, even baking! Keep up that spirit and continue trying stuff. You're extremely brave for talking with others as well. Keep reassuring yourself too, because others have beat depression, so can you. Try to find things you enjoy and every healthy outlet possible you can run to.

Secondly, do you have a psychiatrist or therapist? Have you thought about medication?

Hang in there. Things do get better, even if they seem they never will. Have faith in yourself. Stay strong, you've got this. <3
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Re: depression is hell - August 14th 2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabel View Post
Hi, Jacob!

Sorry things are going so badly for you lately, especially with the breakdowns. Can't imagine how difficult it must be. But I do think it's really good you're still trying, you know? You've been trying stuff, like reading, music, even baking! Keep up that spirit and continue trying stuff. You're extremely brave for talking with others as well. Keep reassuring yourself too, because others have beat depression, so can you. Try to find things you enjoy and every healthy outlet possible you can run to.

Secondly, do you have a psychiatrist or therapist? Have you thought about medication?

Hang in there. Things do get better, even if they seem they never will. Have faith in yourself. Stay strong, you've got this. <3
Thanks, and yeah I've also been working out at my local park, doing chinups and situps...but with me having to take off my shirt to do so, I've shyed away from doing that because I felt as if people judged me...but that's another topic!
As for if I have a psychiatrist or therapist I do not, I've tried a therapist a few years ago for some other reasons...it didn't help because these things came up again. I'm not sure if I could go back to a therapist or even tell a doctor...I'm scared of what people will think when they find out.

(\__/)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: depression is hell - August 14th 2013, 03:12 AM

Maybe a therapist could help with this though. You never know till you give it a shot. But I can't be the one to talk, I have a lot of issues with opening up too. I hope you can be less like me and decide to open up though. It can do a lot of good for you to have some support and help. I also understand how you'd feel scared of what people think, that's actually pretty normal. Thing you gotta remind yourself of, is that therapists and doctors hear these sorts of things pretty often. Someone that's a professional should handle this calmly and try to help you.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Re: depression is hell - August 14th 2013, 03:18 AM

Hopefully one day ill go see a therapist about this...just would like a free one because they aren't cheap...but before all that, id love to findout why I'm depressed...I hope this isn't what I think its for...all because of my ex leaving me 1 months ago

(\__/)
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: depression is hell - August 14th 2013, 04:36 PM

Sometimes finding out the exact cause of depression is difficult, think back to the earliest memory you have of when you started feeling rather low, what happened during this time? Sometimes depression can also be triggered by the smallest of things and then escalate into bigger things over time. Maybe your depression is over you being left by someone you were in a relationship or maybe that's the thing that triggered your low feelings ever since something else happened in the past.
Closed Thread