TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
frisoni98 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Stanislav

Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12

How to recover from depression? - January 29th 2014, 05:25 PM

I consider depression an illness, and like any illness it leaves consequences on the person.

I have struggled with depression since I was 10. The main reason was the athmosphere in my middle school. I was called many bad names, lies have been spread about me and everyone was mean to me.
I pretended like I didn't care and I was cold and reserved to everyone.
But deep inside, I suffered badly from this treatment.
My family life wasn't doing me any better.
All advice I had from them was to man-up and grow a pair... And I did. I fought against everyone in that school, and they hated me even more.
Now, I'm in High school and I'm finally having a good time. My friends love me and respect me, girls are very nice to me as well.

Finally, I feel this hate and sorrow leaving my body, yet I feel so cold and empty inside. I feel full of shame and regret, but when I'm with my pals, I feel great.
I know will carry these scars to the end of my life...
I also know that there are people here who are/have been in this situation, and I really need your advice.

Thank you in advance

The burning grief is tormenting me
The hate I feel is destroying me
Only vengeance will give me peace
Only vengeance will set my spirit free
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: How to recover from depression? - January 29th 2014, 11:55 PM

Hey,

Recovering from depression can take time. It does seem as though you are taking a number of positive steps in the right direction though. Would you ever consider talking to a counselor to try and work through the emptiness that you talk about feeling? I know opening up to a counselor might be hard to do but in the end it might be the next step you need to take in order to move forward from all of this.

You talk about having regrets and the fact is we all have regrets but the key is to push those regrets back down. You can't go back and change the past and letting your past get in the way of your future is not going to do anything for you. Try and remind yourself that your past is in the past. It can be hard to do but the more you remind yourself of that the easier it can get to remember.

I hope that this helped in some way and I am wishing you the best of luck.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
frisoni98 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Stanislav

Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12

Re: How to recover from depression? - January 30th 2014, 09:40 PM

Thanks

I am so happy for getting out of the hell inside my head.
I feel like someone bit my heart and I can still feel pain from the teeth.

I will do whatever it takes to recover..

The burning grief is tormenting me
The hate I feel is destroying me
Only vengeance will give me peace
Only vengeance will set my spirit free
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: How to recover from depression? - February 6th 2014, 03:30 AM

Hi there!

I'm sorry that you've been treated like that, especially by your family as well. I think it's great you're wanting to recover though. And I'm glad that in reality, your life is going better for you now. Keep the positive attitude up and you'll surely get past this. Depression is difficult and doesn't go away overnight, but you always have to keep trying and eventually things will feel better. Just remind yourself that even though your past wasn't the happiest, that you've got the future, and now. It could be so much better.
Closed Thread