TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dragonblood Offline
hello there
Average Joe

Name: Call me Daff

Points: 7,059, Level: 12 Points: 7,059, Level: 12 Points: 7,059, Level: 12

Is this Depression? - March 14th 2014, 09:04 AM

Well,
Sometimes I feel empty. Not unhappy, but just empty. Empty feeling like you can never be special or noticed, like I'm not important and I'll just fade into the shadows. Just an empty feeling for maybe two or three hours in the evening and maybe day before I can be back to normal, enjoying life and everything I have. But in those few hours, sometimes longer than three hours sometimes less but in that period of time, I feel like nothing can make me smile or laugh without faking it. It's not like I'm unhappy, I don't think but it's just an emptiness that I don't know how else to describe.

It may just be nothing but it's a really strange feeling that I want to know why I have it or just if anyone else knows about this. It's only been like this recently and I don't get why I have this.

Thanks for reading

~the dragon one
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
punk8888 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,929, Level: 11 Points: 5,929, Level: 11 Points: 5,929, Level: 11

Re: Is this Depression? - March 14th 2014, 09:11 AM

I think lack of motivation in life and having nothing to look forward to can do that, well for me personally this is reason why I feel empty. I once wanted to marry a girl and was happy about my future but it's all gone now and I feel deserted and feel like I'm just dragging myself for no reason. But I will continue, because I believe one day I will be a happy man again.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dragonblood Offline
hello there
Average Joe

Name: Call me Daff

Points: 7,059, Level: 12 Points: 7,059, Level: 12 Points: 7,059, Level: 12

Re: Is this Depression? - March 14th 2014, 10:32 AM

I do acknowledge that good things will come in the future, but just not all the time. Just not when I get 'that' feeling again.

~the dragon one
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Is this Depression? - March 18th 2014, 10:23 PM

Hey!

I understand how you feel. However, I think depression is something that sticks around, not just for a few hours. It's still really hard to experience, so if you'd like, maybe you could speak to a therapist about it? I'm not sure what causes it, or what it is. Has anything been bothering you in the background, and this is maybe caused from that? When you get these feelings, maybe it might be best to go for a walk to clear your head, or do something you enjoy that requires you to take your mind off your feelings. Like a game for example.

You can message me if you need someone to talk to! Stay strong.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ †
Average Joe

Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13

Re: Is this Depression? - March 18th 2014, 11:04 PM

Hey there. First of all, it’s great that you’re reaching out to find out what you're describing could be. Take into account that I’m no professional but what you’re describing sounds like depression-like symptoms, but not depression in itself. While what you’re feeling is still not a positive emotion, it’s still normal for everyone to feel this way sometimes. I believe that from time to time people do feel empty and unimportant. It’s when this really starts to take a toll on your life, impacting your daily functioning, and starting to affect your self-worth that I would classify it as depression. Either way, I’m not lessening your problems or saying they don’t matter just because they may not fall under the category of a certain disorder; the way you are feeling is still valid and important and no one deserves to feel that awful.

In my clinical psychology class today, we learned that some of the emotions you are experiencing are normal human emotions that can really help us become a better person. However, if you really believe that it’s causing you to feel like it’s impacting your self-worth, I would definitely try talking to someone. If you want, you can always PM me and we can talk things out. Sometimes when you get those feelings and thoughts, all you need to do is message someone and share what you’re feeling and that can take a lot of weight off your shoulders. Best of luck! I’m here if you need anything.

Last edited by Paint; March 19th 2014 at 12:22 PM.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ryanviola Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan Viola

Points: 6,005, Level: 11 Points: 6,005, Level: 11 Points: 6,005, Level: 11

Re: Is this Depression? - March 19th 2014, 11:28 AM

No its not depression, you have to make way in between, go for some makeover else be happy with what you are and be proud of it.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Is this Depression? - March 19th 2014, 08:09 PM

Hey Drake,
I'm really sorry you are feeling this way. I am not a doctor so I can't tell you definitely yes it's depression or no it's not depression. But to me it sounds like depression symptoms. Depression usually stays with you for a couple of days or weeks. But what you are describing sounds like depression in the sense that you do feel empty sometimes and like whatever you do isn't going to matter. I would try and get out of the house for the couple of hours you feel like this and see if that helps at all.

If this continues or the symptoms get worse I would suggest you go see a doctor and tell them everything that is going on. That way they can help you and tell you exactly what you are experiencing.

I hope this helped a little bit. If you ever need to talk you can always PM/VM me anytime and I will respond as soon as I can.
Closed Thread