TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LONE Offline
crab paste
Not a n00b

Points: 9,677, Level: 14 Points: 9,677, Level: 14 Points: 9,677, Level: 14

Depression: on and off - March 31st 2014, 12:23 AM

Hiya
Last year September time, I'd like gotten so much better and I wasn't depressed at all and was actually happy.
And then around christmas time I suddenly started feeling really low again for like no reason, then I got better again in January and wasn't depressed at all and then around the start of march I've gotten depressed again.
Idgi like I was back on track, everything was fine and I felt fine and then I suddenly just felt really shit again for no reason. But I'm taking my meds consistently and I'm not changing anything and nothing big is happening in my life and I don't think anything triggered it so I'm not sure why I keep on suddenly get depressed again.
Thanks for any help you can give.

shake it like a polaroid picture
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ginger98 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ginger98

Points: 7,308, Level: 12 Points: 7,308, Level: 12 Points: 7,308, Level: 12

Re: Depression: on and off - March 31st 2014, 12:36 AM

Hey there! I completely understand how you are feeling! My depression is on and off all the time!! But also know that the tiniest things can set off your depression..also maybe you should talk to your doctor,therapist, or physchiatrist about how it is on and off. Also it could possibly be your medication changing on you! I hope things get better for you! Message me anyyime!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
kittyhugs Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kitty

Points: 7,986, Level: 13 Points: 7,986, Level: 13 Points: 7,986, Level: 13

Re: Depression: on and off - March 31st 2014, 03:42 PM

I agree with Ginger98, it's best to go and see whomever is prescribing your medicine and tell them about it.

Have you ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder? Some forms of the disorder can include being good one month and bad the next, just as you're describing.

I feel your pain, I too am going through the same thing and plan on telling my psychiatrist when I see her again next week, it could be that my medicine isn't working like it used to or it may need adjusted, which is what you may need.

Good luck, hon!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Maddie; sending you free hugs!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
lurkalot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Me

Points: 6,816, Level: 12 Points: 6,816, Level: 12 Points: 6,816, Level: 12

Re: Depression: on and off - April 1st 2014, 02:08 PM

Hey Lone, I agree with previous posters about meds and such however you could also be susceptible to Seasonal Affective Disorder, it's pretty common and causes a person to feel low for apparently no reason at different times of the year. I find myself low during Christmas and on and off through to about March, so that might be something to bring up with your doctor or whoever, see if there is anything they can do to help you. Also Christmas can be a generally stressful time, for various reasons. Take care of yourself
Closed Thread