TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,847, Level: 12 Points: 6,847, Level: 12 Points: 6,847, Level: 12

my grandma has depression :( - December 19th 2014, 11:23 PM

So I was on the phoen with my grandma and she was making me really really sad. She kept telling me how she tried to be happy but she cant. She basically told me it's really hard for her to be happy. That killed me on the inside bc I haven't seen her in two years and it's only 5 days until christmas. I''ll tell you why though; my mom is about 41 and she is living with my grandma. BUT my mother does drugs and steals EVERYTHING from my grandmother. I can't stop my mother from doing that, because my mom is my mom and we have trusted her to stop so many times but she hasnt and she wont. I also want my grandma to be happy, so I asked her what were her favorite tv shows so she told me, so I'm gonna try to get that for her for christmas. Also a dvd player. Do you guys have any ideas what I can do to make her happy? I don't want to see her die sad. (If you're gonna say call her everyday, I already do ) but yea I really don't want to see her this way
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount13

Edit avatar

Re: my grandma has depression :( - December 20th 2014, 12:48 AM

Hi there!

I'm so sorry about your grandma being depressed and about your mom, you must deal with a lot. But you know, you have such a kind and wonderful heart to care this much for your grandma. She's lucky to have you in her life.

I'm sure she'll love the DVDs and the DVD player, plus, it'll also give her a bit of a distraction from things going on in her life. How about also spending time with her in person if possible? Could you go over to her house and watch some of her TV shows with her? I bet she would appreciate that. Maybe you two could do something together like baking, cooking, playing a board game together etc. Perhaps you could invite her over for Christmas, or go over to her house for Christmas?

You could also ask her questions, like stories of her childhood and yours. Asking about her and listening would show her that she matters, that someone cares what she has to say. Little things like that and spending some quality time with her would probably make her day. Speaking of, if it's possible for you, you could offer to her that she can call you if she needs someone to talk to.

Hope this helped a bit! Remember that you're a really kind person for being so concerned about your grandmother. Through all of this, make sure that you're taking care of yourself as well, okay? I hope your grandmother starts feeling better soon. You're welcome to message me if you need someone to talk to.
Closed Thread