TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Depression and Suicide (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/)
-   -   Triggering (Suicide): Depression/Suicide Poem no name. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t135633-depression-suicide-poem-no-name/)

Becky-Jae January 13th 2015 07:31 AM

Depression/Suicide Poem no name.

Before it affects someone you love,
You wouldn’t even care,
It’s a subject you don’t speak of,
You wouldn’t know it’s there,
The silence of the disease,
The creeping of limitation,
It destroys what you can’t see,
It reveals the inner frustration,
You can’t see the hurt, that is left unsaid,
The worthlessness, the sadness, the tears unshed,
Behind all the fake laughs, excuses and the lies,
There is a person thinking of ending their life.

Anyone have a title, I can't think.

What do you think? anyone like it?:?

Chai. January 13th 2015 09:15 AM

Re: Depression/Suicide Poem no name.

Hey Becky, I really liked this and I can relate to this. Great job! :hug:
Thank you for sharing it. I never really managed to title poems, so I am sorry I have no suggestions to make. D:

Becky-Jae January 13th 2015 09:27 AM

lol I think the title is the hardest part.

.:PrincessZelda:. January 13th 2015 04:52 PM

This is really good! :)

Chloe Maria January 13th 2015 05:26 PM

Hi Becky,

Though this poem was very good, it is very depressing. I would highly suggest that you try to push yourself into writing happier pieces of art. It will make you and others feel good.

Becky-Jae January 13th 2015 06:22 PM

I write these poems when I'm down because it stops me from bottling it all up if I didn't write I would explode. I'm sorry if I my poems upset anyone I will stop posting these on the site.

gloves123 January 13th 2015 09:16 PM

Hi becky!
This price was really nice, I liked the message and how it flowed! Keep on writing!

Ennui. January 13th 2015 10:40 PM

I am terrible at titles as well but I love the poem!

Storyteller. January 14th 2015 08:53 AM

Thanks for sharing more of your work! I really like the way you write. And don't worry about writing 'depressing' stuff - that's all part of self-expression. If it's what you want to write, then go ahead. As far as titles go, I think just 'Depression' would be suitable, or maybe 'Unsaid' or 'Unseen' or something along those lines? Regardless, I really liked it, and please keep sharing your work here. :)

KimmyKitty January 15th 2015 01:55 AM

I like this. It's really deep! Thank you for sharing. :)

Kintsukuroi. January 15th 2015 06:57 AM

I like this a lot! I want to mention that it's okay to write more depressing poetry because it helps get your emotions out instead of bottling it up. It can be really useful to write and get out your emotions. Thank you for sharing this. ^.^

Becky-Jae January 15th 2015 10:55 AM

Yeah I always writing darker stuff because that's when I get my inspiration, its just easier for me to write. I don't want to upset anyone. I did put a trigger warning on, so I didn't think I was doing anything wrong and I thought if I was the post would of been removed or an admin would of said something.

Thank you for all your comments, it really makes me feel better and I'm glad you like the poem.

Storyteller. January 15th 2015 11:13 PM

Don't worry about it. If you were breaking any rules one of the mods would have told you. Like you said, you had a triggering prefix so it's totally fine. Go ahead and write darker stuff; I understand what you're saying with inspiration, since that's mostly what I write too. Self-expression doesn't have to be cheerful, it's all about how you feel. :)

Becky-Jae January 16th 2015 07:10 AM

Thank you I just wanted to makesure that it was okay. I came on here to get help and be helped, I don't want to make anyones day worse x