TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
molly691 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: li

Can't Stop Thinking About It - April 26th 2015, 04:06 AM

No matter what people think, I'm not okay, and I haven't been okay in months.

Lately, where ever I go, suicide is on my mind. Even if I feel like I'm having the time of my life with my friends. My mind always reverts back to suicide.

And now all I want to do is kill myself.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

NOT EVERYONE HAS TO LIKE YOU.
NOT EVERYONE HAS TASTE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Can't Stop Thinking About It - April 26th 2015, 04:23 PM

Hey there. I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. Just know you aren't alone, and that I'm always here if you need someone to talk with. Have you seen a professional about this? I think that professional therapy would be a great tool for you to help get everything back on a more positive track. I know things like this are scary, but just know that you are loved and cared for. Stay strong and keep your head up dear. Things will get better.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Can't Stop Thinking About It - April 26th 2015, 09:27 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry that you are going through such a rough time right now. I remember being your age and going through the exact same thing. I agree with what the above poster said and that you should consider going to therapy - it really can help!

I also think opening up to people would be helpful! I know that I wouldn't be where I am today without having a support group! Open up to how many ever people you want too or can; teachers, guidance counselor at school, coaches, pastors, friends and family! Have all of the support you can get that way when you're feeling low, you have people to reach out too!

Things get better! This will pass, you can get through this! I'm here for you! <3 Feel free to private message me at any time!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ †
Average Joe

Re: Can't Stop Thinking About It - April 26th 2015, 11:57 PM

Hey there.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Suicide is a scary thought, especially when it's on your mind all the time. You probably don't want to hear those clichés that "there's so much worth living for" or that "things get better". Most suicidal people get tired of hearing that or don't really want to believe it. But in reality, most of the time it really does get better, but no one can really tell you when. So I hope you decide to hang onto hope, because there's plenty there.

As mentioned before, I really think you should talk to a professional about it. They can keep your words confidential as long as you don't exhibit any threats to committing suicide or hurting someone else. You might find support in a therapist, and it'll help you figure out the reasons behind your thoughts. Diving deeper into that stuff could even help bring a solution to the surface. I know that sounds like the "cop out" answer, but I think it might be something to try!

If you don't want to reach out to a therapist, just know that there are people who want to listen and want to help. Feel free to message me any time you'd like. We can swap stories and I would love to help support you. I've been there, and I've gotten out of that state. I'd love to see you get out of it too.

Praying that you get through this! I'm just a message away!

Much love,
Misty

Last edited by Paint; April 27th 2015 at 01:14 AM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Can't Stop Thinking About It - April 27th 2015, 10:39 AM

I'm very sorry you are feeling this way. Depression and suicidal thoughts are terrible to deal with, especially for someone so young.

If you are not comfortable speaking to your parents about possibly seeking out some professional help, perhaps there are friends or family members you could confide in. These feelings are an awful thing to try and endure alone and it's best to have some sort of support.

Of course, everyone here is always happy to listen and offer whatever help we can as well, and many of us have been in your place. Best wishes.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hidden11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Can't Stop Thinking About It - April 29th 2015, 07:31 PM

I'm 21 years old, and when I was your age I first started to feel suicidal myself. It lasted a while, but in the end the clouds lifted. i'm sorry to hear you are going through this, but in the end it'll make you a stronger person. You should find a few hobbies, they really help take your mind off things, and if you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to talk to someone on the forum, myself included. There's lots of experience in this sort of thing on the forum!

Closed Thread