TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Treble Offline
Not a n00b

Thinking of ending it tomorrow - April 28th 2015, 11:18 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've tried everything to make me feel better. I've told people how and why I'm depressed, I've told people that I'm suicidal and I'm getting a lot of support. But it's not working, and I don't think I'll ever be happy again.

The only reason that I'm alive is for other people, not for myself. I dont want to hurt people, but I know in the long run everyone will be better off without me.

Suicide just sounds like a perfect solution to all my problems. I love the idea that I'll never feel pain again, I'll never have a brief moment of happiness only to have it taken away from me, I'll never burden other people.

I guess that the reason I'm posting this here is because there's maybe about 1% of me that wants to live... For some reason. I dont know, there's just a teeny tiny part of me that wants to keep going. I'm thinking that I'll maybe try and kill myself, if it's meant to be I'll die, and if it's not, I wont.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lyxsa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - April 29th 2015, 12:15 AM

I totally understand you :c
Im not usually good with advice but I think you should try finding a hobby that excites you. Maybe it'll help get things off of your mind a little and maybe give you a reason to want to stay longer? I hope you feel better beautiful <3 <3 i love you!!!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - April 29th 2015, 12:15 AM

People won't be better off without you. People really care about you it sounds like. I'm will be here for you if you need to talk stay strong and please don't end your life. If you going to do something please promise that you will contact someone or call a suicide hotline they can be very helpful sometimes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - April 29th 2015, 01:54 AM

First off, the fact that you realize you wish to live - no matter how small that desire may seem - is a positive sign, as is the fact that you decided to post here.

I can assure you that nobody will be "better off" for your death - in the long run or otherwise. Many, many people carry this belief, but it just isn't true. In fact, you mentioned the only reason you continue living is for other people. This indicates that you are aware of how much others care for you.

If I may, I'd like to ask why you are feeling this way. What has caused you this pain and why do you believe you will never be happy?

You mentioned that you are receiving a lot of support and I think that's terrific. It's a wonderful thing to have people in your life to open up to and trust to help you. This is an invaluable tool to have in your struggle with depression and suicidal feelings, one I hope you will utilize. If you find that talking with those close to you isn't quite enough, perhaps you could speak to your parents or another loved one about possibly seeking out therapy to help you in dealing with your problems.

I sincerely hope you do not decide to end things - tomorrow or any other day. Even if you are only 1% unsure, you are still unsure - and this is far too huge of a decision to have any doubt about.

I realize it may not seem like it at the moment, but you do have everything you need to overcome this - strength, the support of those around you and more. Take care and best wishes.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - April 29th 2015, 02:10 AM

Hey,

Hang on to that last one percent. Think of everyone on here who wants you to stay and consider each person a raise of a percent.

As long as you're alive, you at least have a chance to be happy. Things always have a chance of getting better, and if you're gone, there's no chance at all. As unlikely and cliché as it sounds, things can get better, and they will. Try listening to loud music, ripping paper, screaming, going on a run, anything to make you feel a little better. You could also talk to an adult or friend that you trust. There's also hotlines you could call to talk to someone (http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/). Other than that, stay on the site talking to people. You got this shoot me a message whenever.

~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hidden11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - April 29th 2015, 07:02 PM

I understand your feeling completely. When I was your age, I felt pretty horrible too. actually I was feeling suicidal from ages 13-19, im 21 now. If there's one thing I can say is, no one is better off without you, No one! Negative emotions you feel during depression (I know this personally and very well!) like that, "everyone's better without me" Or "Ill never be happy" are never based in reality, they have no logical basis, it's those emotions just trying to tear you down. Trust me, it will get better, you are only 16, and even though it seems like the tunnel is endless, there is an end. There's no telling how long it will take, or what will bring you out of it, but killing yourself just makes sure you never see the end of the tunnel, that's all it does. You have to remember, you are a strong person for dealing with this and in the future you will be so much stronger for having suffered through this.

I wanted to kill myself just about every day for years, I had so many scenarios that I thought of, and fantasized about, but I'm so happy that I didn't do anything in the moment to end it all. I never would be where I am now, I'd never have had the chance to finally have a decent life like I do now! You say there's a part of you that still wants to live, so there's still par of you that has hope, Never lose that part of you. If you ever need a talk, feel free to message me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - May 2nd 2015, 10:50 PM

Hi there,

I am so sorry this is a bit late but I still wanted to reply and I really hope more than anything that you're okay and that you're safe.

I know it's a hard fight but like I always say to people, only things that are hard fighting for are worth having. If it was easy to get, then it wouldn't be worth it at all. Its not going to be an easy ride but it is a possible one and you CAN do it so keep on fighting through each day and use the support that you have around you to help keep you going. You have a whole life to live for and there is so much out there and it's going to be so worth it in the end, I promise. If I can do it then so can you and so can anyone else. I believe in you so believe in yourself and use things that help you when you're at your lowest.

Just keep on fighting through. You can do anything if you set your mind to it and remember that we're always here for you. You're never alone in this.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - May 3rd 2015, 07:02 PM

Keep your hands on that one percent of fight left in you. I hope more than anything that you're safe, and just know that we're here to support you.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
bleachedout Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Thinking of ending it tomorrow - May 5th 2015, 05:20 AM

Tell yourself you can get through one more second, one more minute, one more day, whatever you can get through on that one percent. Once that's over, tell yourself you can get through one more.

I believe you can do this.

Message me if you want to talk or you need a friend.

Closed Thread