TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheTameLion Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jeff

The end - April 29th 2015, 06:19 PM

Hey guys, so I need to deliver a letter to someone I held dear and this is a goodbye letter. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Well here it is, the grand finale and me dragging you back into it one last time. I guess this signifies the final end of our friendship if it ever was one to begin with. To be honest I had always suspected this is how it would end. Please read the entirety of this letter. If you miss anything you may miss the message and get lost in the fine details. This entire thing is because of you. It all is, everything from me taking extra care when shaving to get every last hair, to increasing my grades, to being less awkward around people of the opposite gender. It is all about you, youíre the star of this show. Well, here it goes.

It all started some time ago, I wonít go into the finer details of exactly when but it was quite a while. I ďlikedĒ you and despite knowing I was rather unattractive and that you had no interest in relationships I decided to give it a go. So I just started off trying to be friends with you, whether you were being nice because you saw us as friends or if you were just being nice out of pity Iím not quite sure anymore. Anyways so I liked you. Fast forward to November and I decided what the hell Iíll try a bit harder. If you remember I started talking to you more and tried to be more interesting. So fast forward to the week prior to winter break. Now I donít know what it was, maybe you suspected something or whatever but you started acting rather cold so I decided just to give you space to see what would happen. After winter break however, you still were distant. You werenít making eye contact and blatantly ignoring what I was saying. That made me a bit upset as I didnít know why you were treating me with disrespect. So after a couple weeks of that I finally said something. I asked twice on a Friday if everything was okay between us as far as our friendship goes and you said it was ďfineĒ both times. Okay thatís fine so I just wait a few days and things go back to normal. I try again doing the same thing and in March it goes back to the distant and cold behavior. Okay now you may ask ďSo what?Ē Well fear not its coming. This time it never ended. So fast forward to after Spring break, I decided to try to give you space and give up as although I knew I never had a chance I REALLY knew now. But it neverÖ fuckingÖ stopped. It never did, you kept treating me poorly right up until I fell into a depression. Now what do I mean by disrespectful behavior, well for example you refused to make eye contact whilst speaking to me, you refused to acknowledge my existence when it groups of people, and answering in short minimalistic sentences. This hurt my feelings. That on top of being encouraged to share my feelings by Casey led me to spiral out of control. You all (You, Casey and Kayleen) showed that you wanted to help and I do appreciate that. I honestly appreciate it. But I was beyond control at that point. There was nothing anyone could do, I was just trying to ride out the storm. I finally broke and started talking to Casey. One/some/all of you then went to the counsellors which I also appreciate that at the time someone cared enough to get me help. So I told them there was no issue because I didnít feel like talking to a strange lady about my issues, so I went back to riding out the storm. This went on for a couple weeks and we talked about both my problems and hers until she eventually told me to fuck off and that I was pushing her to the edge. Thereís one person gone. Jackson never really considered me a friend so I wouldnít really say he was ever there. After Casey told me that I was horrible I felt even worse. Thatís when the uhmÖ stuff started to happen. Fast forward to Tuesday when you told me to stop, that offended me to no end. Was it reasonable to be offended? Eh probably not. Me hurting myself around you is hardly appropriate and causes a hostile environment. I repent that and I am very sorry. So yesterday I was on a war path. I said things I regret but I canít take them back. You were an angel, and now youíre my personal demon and you didnít even know it. You said you didnít want anything to do with it but this thing is a monster and youíre the heart of it. Here it is. My final goodbye. Of course Iíll see you around the school but my guess is you wonít be wanting to speak to me. So Iíll respect that and leave you alone until the end of time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: The end - April 29th 2015, 08:55 PM

Before you give this person this letter I suggest to you make a list.
What happens if the world was perfect for you?
What will this letter do to your friend?
What do you want to accomplish?
Won't this letter do more harm than good?
what's the owrst that could happen?
What would realisticly happen?
How do you cope with any bad outcome?

See, here is the thing. I don't knwo you but I don know me. And if I wrote this letter I would be telling myself it was to say goodbye but actually it would be a last try for him to look after me and come back to me as a friend.

If you have answered these questions look over you letter again. Sentence for sentence and think about your purpose with this sentence, (Is it just so you can feel a little bit better by blaiming him or do you really want to tell him something?) What's the best effect it will have on him, what's the worse, what's the most likely and how you are going to cope with the latter two.

You see when you are in an emotional conversation you say things with hidden meanings, say things different, hide things you should show and show things that aren't there to cope. Take your advantage of the fact that this is a letter and make sure what's there really matches your goal.

And when your done you should reconsider wether it really is a good idea to send this. But even if you don't you will probably have learned some things about yourself, vented some emotions and mde me feel very wise and responsible.

Keep us posted.

Helping others sometimes makes it easier to feel good about yourself and help yourself.

So PM me if You want.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: The end - April 29th 2015, 10:23 PM

This sounds like a bye not a see you later post! I read the whole thing and I'm a bit worried. What are you thinking of doing exactly? Remember we are all here for you on here please don't hurt yourself you only have one life it will get better I promise. I'm here if you need to talk please don't do anything to harm yourself. pm or vm me if you want to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: The end - April 30th 2015, 03:44 PM

Is it an suicide note than I understood wrong! I thought you were just cutting off an friendship. Please don't kill yourself!

Helping others sometimes makes it easier to feel good about yourself and help yourself.

So PM me if You want.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: The end - April 30th 2015, 06:22 PM

I sincerely hope this is not a suicide letter, as nobody is worth ending your life over. Best wishes.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: The end - April 30th 2015, 06:27 PM

I may have read the letter wrong but either way please don't kill yourself we are here for you it will get better.

Closed Thread