TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - April 30th 2015, 10:00 PM

I'm still getting over a pretty bad cold and haven't been outside properly for about five days. I've been to the chip shop with my dad but that wasn't really outside. I've noticed that if I stay inside for too long I'll get depressed :| It's not like it's been weeks or anything, just four-five days.

I feel like crap right now and it's not just because of the cold. I haven't felt like this in ages :/

Is this normal? I guess it would be if you haven't been outside for weeks but it hasn't been that long.

Need to go for a walk or something tomorrow.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hidden11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - April 30th 2015, 10:19 PM

I'd say that's pretty normal, especially if you've been sick. I got sick not long ago, and stayed inside, wasn't able to really do any chores, and because if the inactivity I just felt down. Just try and keep yourself a bit occupied and when you aren't sick really anymore, go outside and explore a bit, you'll feel better. Don't worry though, it'll pass.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
12345cb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Casey

Smile Re: If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - May 1st 2015, 03:58 AM

This is extremely normal. When you are inside more than usual, you don't receive as much vitamin d as usual because your main source is the sun. Also, the fact that you're just almost away from the world can make you feel slightly lonely. I know this all too well, considering I'm home schooled and use to never get out of my house.
My best advice would be to just focus on getting over your sickness, get outside as much as you can, and stay connected with your friends. Hope you feel better soon :-)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - May 1st 2015, 04:04 AM

If I don't exit my dwelling for one day, by early afternoon I start feeling very stuffed, headachy, nauseous. Like I physically am not getting enough fresh oxygen. So yes it's very normal.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - May 1st 2015, 03:18 PM

Thanks everyone Went for a walk earlier and feel a lot better God help me if I ever become proper housebound >.>

(#6 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - May 1st 2015, 07:22 PM

I'd agree that this is normal. You have been stuck in the house for days and it's natural to want to get out. To be honest, I have actually being feeling the same way myself for the past couple of weeks now that the weather has been nicer (I'm not sick, but just don't wish to be cooped up inside).

I think going for a walk is a great idea - sometimes a good walk can do wonders

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - May 1st 2015, 09:11 PM

I know, right? Crazy how a 30 minute walk around the park helped me so much :| Just putting make-up made me feel better too. I went to the doctors earlier too for my contraception injection and just talking to him (someone new) helped a lot too.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: If I stay home for more than a few days I get depressed. - May 1st 2015, 10:53 PM

That's terrific - glad you are feeling better

Closed Thread