TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxFandomsxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: katie

Question Stuck - May 3rd 2015, 06:37 PM

Hi I'm new to this whole forum thing. So i don't know what to do. What I'm going through (depression) is something everyone suffers from in different ways. i really need help. I hate everything in the world i just want to let go of everything. I can never sleep no matter how tired i am. sometimes i cant eat. I cant get out of bed in the morning because I'm just so done with the earth. I just want to escape. Ive cut myself and i hated myself so much because i thought i was stronger, i was wrong. Please someone talk to me, i don't want to be alone. I feel so sick all the time. I'm Stuck.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xyzman Offline
wolfboy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: call me DK

Re: Stuck - May 3rd 2015, 06:57 PM

its going to be ok if all you are looking for is some one to talk to I'm here PM me any time I now what its like to be so down that you can't sleep or eat I've been there and is there something that has you so down at the moment like school work or a relationship with some one? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to but it would help me and others that are here to help know how to help you better

But like I said if you just looking for some one to talk to you can talk to me

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxFandomsxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Stuck - May 4th 2015, 12:34 AM

School work mainly. i haven't been able to do any because I'm just so sad. i can never focus. Thank You so much for supporting me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xyzman Offline
wolfboy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: call me DK

Re: Stuck - May 4th 2015, 12:49 AM

No problem I know how hard it can be to balance every thing and still try to do the things you enjoy to be happy I'm not saying this to try to encourage this but some times I blow off a little home work to just try and relax I mean don't get me wrong school and grads are vary important but all those things suffer if your not happy so like I said to not a good idea but some times its needed so stay strong and we are here to help you through all of this

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: Stuck - May 4th 2015, 01:13 AM

Hi my name is Jake and I think that this is normal to some extent but you really should maybe try going and talking to a counselor at your school as they can recommend things near you that could help.

For now though regards to cutting (self harm) everyone has gone through some form of this in their lives. You could try putting a rubber band around your wrist and snapping it whenever you feel the urge to cut. You are stronger then you realize coming on here and posting a thread takes guts and courage. Therefore you have then reached out and are looking for help. It's very good! I know your going through lost of interest and concentration issues but you really do need to try to focus on school a little. If your in high school this is even more important that you focus on it since most jobs require a high school diploma.

If you ever want someone to talk then you can always message me. I will listen to you no matter what and won't judge you.
Just a VM/PM away.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: Stuck - May 4th 2015, 02:12 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now. Being depressed doesn't mean you're weak, it's a mental thing that can happen to anyone, no matter how strong they are. You can always ask for help for what you're going through. Is there anyone you could talk to who could help you out, like a parent, teacher, guidance counselor, or friend? They could really make you feel better and help you get through this. I think school guidance counselors are a great option, since it's their job to help kids going through this kind of stuff, and they're usually very understanding and kind. Just keep in mind that the guidance office is required to tell your parents about anything that might harm you.

As for self harm, the person above had a great alternative of snapping a rubber band on your wrist. There's a full list of alternatives here that you can look at. If one or two of them don't work, don't give up – try different ones from different categories. It's always helped me to go for a run or draw on my hand in pen. See what works for you. This is also something you could talk to a parent or counselor about.

You're not weak, and you're not alone. We're all here to help you. Shoot me a message if you ever need anything or want to chat!

~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#7 (permalink)) Old
xxFandomsxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Stuck - May 5th 2015, 01:57 AM

thank you guys soo much

Closed Thread