TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

I want to die! - May 23rd 2015, 01:02 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im seriously thinking of killing myself. My SH urges are pressuring me to keep my promise to my dad and I can't deal with that. He doesn't want me to "try" he wants me to "stop right away" I'm sick of it and I can't deal with this anymore.

There is a choice I want to do... And I might just do it. It will be the quick and painless way out.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xyzman Offline
wolfboy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: call me DK

Re: I want to die! - May 23rd 2015, 01:16 AM

hay you will be ok just think of the ones you love think of how badly something like that would hurt them i see you posted in the self harming and im here to help if i can so calm down a little just a little and try doing something to get your mind off things

and again if you want to talk PM me any time

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I want to die! - May 23rd 2015, 01:19 AM

You have so much worth! You are one of the kindest and most awesome peopleI have talked to on the site! Dont take your life, I promise you it's not worth it. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know you've probably heard it a lot but God loves you so much and he is always with you no matter how bad you feel.

If theres anything I can do please ask me. I will stay up all night to talk or pray with you if you want. Please dont take your life, you are loved by both people and God

Last edited by Dan11; May 24th 2015 at 12:43 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I want to die! - May 23rd 2015, 01:54 AM

Hi again Kate.

Suicide is never the answer but you have to want to fight this to get through it. Don't go at your dads pace for your recovery. Go at your own pace and make him clear of that. This is YOUR recovery sweet. I know it gets really hard sometimes and dying seems like the best way out but it honestly isn't and you deserve so much more than that. You have your whole future ahead of you and it can be anything you want it to be because you are the maker of it.

Self harming isn't going to help either. I suggest you try using some distractions and alternatives to suicide and self harm to help you through this tough moment you're going through. I'm not saying it's going to take it all away but it's going to help. If you don't stop doing things, then you won't have the time to hurt yourself in any way.

Do you have any community support in place because if you don't, I think this would be really beneficial for you. Scary, but helpful. Seeing your Doctor could be the first step or talking to someone in school like a teacher or a school nurse or school counselor. Or a counselor outside of school or just someone who you trust. People can help you and want to be they can only do so if they know whats going on for you.

Keep your chin up and stay safe. As hard as it is, you are fighting this and you're doing really well so keep going.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I want to die! - May 23rd 2015, 02:14 PM

i know that its tough , but you can hang in there. I know that things will get better, and all that you must do is think positive, and do things that make you happy. Plenty of other people have had challenges like this, and many of them overcome it by freeing the mind.

Stay strong, tell yourself that you can overcome the urge, and you will definitely win over this. i'll always be here for you, and the same goes for everyone else. You also have to find someone to tell your problems too, because ranting out helps a lot.

*hugs* hugs for you anytime... and i'll never leave

you are loved. you're so loved.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: I want to die! - May 24th 2015, 05:26 AM

Your dad likely doesn't understand that self-harming isn't something you can simply stop doing immediately. SH is something still misunderstood by many people. Perhaps you can discuss this with your dad and try to help him understand that trying your best is all you can do at the moment.

Suicide isn't a "way out." The best route would be to continue on the road you are on and keep focusing on getting better. Best wishes.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: I want to die! - May 24th 2015, 12:48 PM

Hey Kate,

Suicide is never the answer. You can beat self-harm and you can overcome this!

It's easy for someone who has never been suicidal or have never self-harmed to tell you just to stop. It doesn't work like that, it's something you must overcome. It's something that takes time. If you have spent a great deal of time using a way to cope with the way you're feeling then you have to break the habit and you have to find new ways of dealing with those issues.

It's great that your dad is concerned but I think you need to let him know it's going to be a process that could take a while and it is easy to say just stop, but it's not quite that easy and let him know that you need his support. Let him know that you need him to be there and to understand. Let him know that if you do relapse you are going to need someone who you can talk to openly and honesty, and have that support to continue your recovery.

Best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

Closed Thread