TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ellee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i need help. - May 25th 2015, 06:07 AM

Okay so I don't really know if I'm depressed or if I'm over reacting but I'm just not happy. I've tried telling my parents but talking to them is almost impossible and they judge everything. They think that I lash out our of nowhere because of a pointless little problem but they don't understand that in reality I've been unhappy and keeping it in for a long time. Like today my parents were judging one of my only friends because he's gay, and since he's one of my few friends I took it seriously because I want to defend him. And when I told them that that's why I was mad, they told me that I should be thinking straight and not pausing problems, that I shouldn't be causing problems with family because of a friend. Then I told them that I take this stuff seriously because I don't have many friends and that it hurts and I want my few friends to be respected and all. And then my mom told me that it was my fault that I don't have many friends but she doesn't understand that that's not how it works that if i could I would be happy and laughing along with friends. And quite frankly I don't know what to do, I know this isn't much of a problem compared to what others go through on a daily basis, but it all adds up and I wish i could end it. I don't enough courage to do so, I'm coward I guess. I just couldn't leave because of my five year old brother who means the absolute world to me and my sister that is probably the kindest person toward me. I just i knew how to fix everything so I wouldn't be so unhappy and that I wouldn't cause so many problems because my dad told me the reason that my dad and my mom fight is because of me. I just don't know anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i need help. - May 26th 2015, 12:43 AM

Hi Thank you for posting.

Im sorry to hear how you're feeling I feel the way your parents treat is unfair on you. You mentioned that talking to your parent is impossible have you tried explaining in much more detail how their actions is effecting you? If they refuse to listen to judge you perhaps you could speak to another family member? You mentioned you sister would you be able to explain to her how you're feeling? I understand you feel as if you gave no support lines but you really do even if it doesn't feel like it lots of people care about your feelings including myself.

I feel that defending your friend was the right thing to do. I would have done the same thing I think the way they treated your friend was wrong and out of order. Making friends can be hard I understand that but you mentioned you has a few and that's all you need a few friends is as good as any. Im very worried because your mental seems to be stoping you from achieving what you are able to achieve in life I feel you would probably stand much better chances of making friends if your mental health was in a better place. I looked at your age on TeenHelp it says your 14 which means your still in school which is a great thing because schools are a great support line for young people they have dedicated counsellors who are willing to listen to you and sort out any problems you may be having at home. I would recommend you make the most of your schools welfare system if you feel uncomfortable with using your schools welfare system then perhaps you would be able to consult you local GP about how you have been feeling I would still say the schools the best option as it's already there for you.

Let me first of all say you are not the reason for your mums and dads fighting your dad saying that to you is wrong and horrible how can someone even say that to their son? It really really upsets me to know someone could say that to you I really believe that you're a great person with so much potential in life everyone goes through bad times but that doesn't mean we have to give up. If you ever feel depressed or suicidal then I would advise you to ring a hotline and speak to someone about how you're feeling below I will leave a link with a list of hotlines you may be able to call if you ever feel the need. http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/
You mentioned that your little sister keeps you going if you feel the need to live for something then you could always try picking other things to live for which might make you feel less suicidal because you deserve to be happy.
I want you to remember that you're an amazing person and you deserve to be happy in life.

Im always here and so is the wonderful TeenHelp community message me whenever.

Take care ~Justin~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: i need help. - May 27th 2015, 01:15 AM

I'm sorry to hear that things between you and your parents are strained. With everything going on, I understand that you likely do not feel comfortable confiding in them about what you are dealing with emotionally, but I think it may be a good idea to speak with someone, whether it be a school counselor or otherwise.

The above poster is right - you are not the cause of your parents' arguing and it is wrong for any parent to say that to their child.

You mentioned your love for your siblings and it sounds as if you have a great relationship with them. That alone is worth living for. Best wishes.

Closed Thread