TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Help.. Please? - May 29th 2015, 09:33 PM

Today I was down all day, thinking of harming myself and dying. No plans just thinking suicide. I need help. These meds aren't working and I know I need help.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: Help.. Please? - May 29th 2015, 10:04 PM

I'm sorry to hear that the meds are not working and that you have been having a bad day. I will be here for you if you need to talk hugs. Hope your day gets better and that remember that you will get through this it may take sometime but you will get through it and don't worry it will be ok. if you are planing or worried you might do something then please contact the suicide hotline.

If you need to talk just PM/VM me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Help.. Please? - May 29th 2015, 11:04 PM

I'm sorry you have had a bad day. But remember, it's just a bad day. They are just urges. They are just thoughts. They all will pass and they can't hurt you unless you act on them. I know this is real hard and difficult but you can do this and get through to the other side. It's not going to be an easy ride but you have already come so so far, I know you can keep on going. I believe in you but you need to believe in yourself too, okay? Keep telling yourself you can do it again and again.

Has anything triggered you, for it to be a bad day. If there is something and you want to talk about it, know that we're here to listen. If there isn't anything, or if you don't want to talk about it, then know that that's okay too. Just remember you aren't alone in any of this and we're right behind you.

You're stronger than self harm and you are worth so much more than it. Your life has a meaning and you have your whole future ahead of you so keep fighting and don't stop until you get there. You can do this! Keep on fighting girl. I'm always here if you need anything.

Take good care of yourself. Go pamper yourself and have some you time.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Help.. Please? - May 29th 2015, 11:17 PM

I'm sorry to hear your medication isn't working. Can you perhaps speak with your doctor and see if there are other prescriptions available? In any event, this bad day will pass. Take care.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
renai. Offline
inkslinger
Not a n00b

Name: reh-nay

Re: Help.. Please? - May 30th 2015, 12:38 AM

I'm so sorry you're struggling. Just remember, it's always darkest just before the dawn.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been taking this medication? Sometimes it's a little rocky at the beginning (when I started taking my medication, I felt worse before I felt better). In any case, if you feel like it isn't working, you should probably talk to your doctor and see what they recommend, and see what your alternatives are.

Hang in there, I promise it will get better. Message me if you ever need to talk.

- renai.

it's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going. and when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing.

the truth hurts but it hasn't stung enough to stop me.

see, you're just wasted and thinking 'bout the past again, darling, you'll be okay.

You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way. - song of songs 4:7

Closed Thread