TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Help - June 2nd 2015, 02:41 PM

im sorry for asking again for help. But I need it. I'm thinking suicide but no plans. I really need help. Out of no where my mood goes down.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Konohana Sakuya Offline
The 4 arrows stomper
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karen

Re: Help - June 2nd 2015, 07:31 PM

Hey there, Kate.

You don't need to apologize for asking help. There are times when we need help from someone else, and it's perfectly fine to do so because we're just human.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can understand how hellish it is when your mood suddenly goes down for no reason, and then you feel suicidal all of a sudden. I've felt that way too. Reaching out to someone through online support is indeed fulfilling, but have you considered talking to someone you trust in real life? It might be scary to open up and admit you need help in real life, but it's even more fulfilling when you get the support you need. Perhaps you can try talking to a friend, a teacher, a psychologist, or a family... basically anyone you know well enough.

Since you mentioned that you have no plans, it may still be better to take preventive steps to ensure your safety. Have you tried contacting a suicide hotline? The Hotlines section has a huge list of suicide hotlines from many countries.

You can also try doing whatever makes you happy such as a hobby. It takes your mind off from suicidal thoughts. Meditation, deep breathing, and such are a good way to elevate your mood, even if it's just a little. That way, you can calm down in order to figure out what makes you feel so down. Speaking of which, do you keep a journal where you write down your feelings and thoughts on regular basis? It's a good way to identify yourself, maybe even the cause of your suicidal thoughts. If you don't, perhaps you can try keeping one should this happens again.

If you ever need a helping hand, everyone in TH is always available for you. Of course, you can talk to me as well, if you would like to. Never hesitate to let me know about what you're feeling through PM or VM, even if you just need someone to have a chit chat with. I'm still here to support you, nevertheless

I hope this helps a little. Take care!

Articles Team Member // Buddy (20/01/2014 - 30/08/2014) // Associate HLM // Article Editor

Send a message via Skype™ to Konohana Sakuya 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Help - June 2nd 2015, 09:24 PM

Hi again

I am sorry you are feeling so low but I am glad that you don't have the means to kill yourself. That's really positive.

I know having suicidal thoughts can be really hard to cope and deal with but know that you are doing a wonderful job! At the end of the day these thoughts can't hurt you. They can only hurt you if you act on them you know? And you don't have too. You are a lot stronger than them and deserve much better too. You have your whole future ahead of you and that my friend, is worth fighting for because it can be anything that you want it to be. You can do anything you want to do with your life.

Maybe it'd help making a really bright and colourful poster about your reasons to live to stick up on your bedroom wall? Set yourself goals and aim high because you can achieve anything you want to achieve. Trust me its hard and you're gunna have to give it time and hard work from your side, but you can get through this and to the other side and when you get through it, you will be so glad that you never gave up.

Just don't be on your own. Talk to your therapist and be honest with them. Yes its hard but its worth it in the end. They can help you but only if they know whats going on for you, you know? And remember we're always here. You can do this so believe in yourself. We believe in you!

Take good care of yourself,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Help - June 2nd 2015, 10:21 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling this way once again. Please know that there is no shame in asking for help. I agree with what was suggested above in that a hobby may go a long way in helping you feel better. Not only is it something fun to take your mind off of your problems for a little while, but it could be a good way to meet some new, cool people. Best wishes.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Help - June 3rd 2015, 09:49 AM

Hi there, Kate!

Don't worry at all about asking for help, there's absolutely no need to apologize for it. Everyone needs help at some point because we're all human. In fact, being able to ask for help shows a lot of courage and strength on your part, you know?

I am sorry that you're feeling this low, though. I imagine you have to be feeling quite low to think suicide. As Jessie said, the fact that you don't have a plan is a positive thing.

Does anyone in your life know about your personal struggles? It could really help to open up to someone you're close to in your life whether it be a close friend, family member etc. Having a support system and being able to talk about your feelings could make a big, positive difference when you're feeling low.

For times when you feel suicidal, it might be a good idea to have a plan in place to keep you safe. Karen gave a helpful link that lists different numbers to hotlines, perhaps you could keep suicide hotline numbers wrote down somewhere near you that you can call at anytime? Along with having someone you trust to go to like a close friend. Having some company may be comforting along with being able to keep yourself safe until you feel a bit better.

Maybe you could also have certain things to turn to when your mood drops, like a happy place of some sort that comforts you. Do you have a favorite movie that's really colorful and happy? Or a hobby that you really enjoy, something along those lines? Having something to turn to that makes you happy can be really helpful. It can be anything, even something like doing a jigsaw puzzle for example if you enjoy that!

Just keep in mind that while there's going to be days where you feel low, always remember that there's also going to be lots of happy days too, you know? Good things do happen and when you feel at your worst, there'll always come a time when you can smile and feel happy again. You can do this, I realize it's not easy but I do believe you're strong enough to fight this. Stay strong, and you're welcome to message me if you need someone to listen.

Closed Thread