TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
verolinia123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lizz

depressed - June 2nd 2015, 09:24 PM

I have been feeling very depressed lately. can't sleep & can't eat.
i am dealing with a lot of anxiety and just been stressing..
i have tried just about everything and i hate the way these medications has been making me feel. Very tired and sleepy!
i just want my life back to normal!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: depressed - June 2nd 2015, 09:32 PM

Hi there.

I am sorry to hear you have been feeling depressed lately. Do you have any diagnosis? You say you can't sleep. I know this can be a horrible thing to go through because feeling tired all the time can be really rough on us. Have you tried setting up a routine where you go to bed at a certain time, go to sleep at a certain time and get up at a certain time etc and also have a bedtime routine, ie have a hot drink (no caffeine!), have a bath, watch tv, get into bed, read, then sleep. This can really help. Also with the eating thing, you CAN eat, you just don't feel like eating right now but it's important that you do continue to eat because if you don't, that's going to make your mood even worse. You know?

You say you have a lot of anxiety and have been stressing a lot recently but you haven't said what about. Do you want to talk to us about anything that's going on for you right now? If you don't want to talk to us that's fine but if there is something making you struggle and you feel you need to or want to talk about it, know that we are here for you any time. We don't judge on Teenhelp and we always try out best to help each other so we don't bite okay? You aren't alone in this and you never have to be so don't be afraid to talk to us.

Medications can have side affects at first but normally after at least a few weeks these side affects start to wear off and if they don't then I would suggest you talk to the person who prescribed them to you and explain the effects you are having from them and how it makes you feel and see where they suggest you go from there. Sometimes medication is a bit of a trial and error routine but medication be really beneficial too. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for my medication!

Just remember you aren't alone in this and we're all here for you. Stay strong and keep smiling. I Believe in you!
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: depressed - June 2nd 2015, 10:17 PM

Are you aware of the reason why you are feeling this way? Please feel free to share your feelings if you wish. All the best to you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: depressed - June 5th 2015, 01:28 PM

Hi I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. Have you spoken too your doctor and told them that they aren't making you feel very good? Im sure they can change your medications or something I think you should really go and speak to your GP.

I understand that you're stressing and feeling anxious a lot but have you got any coping methods which will be able to help you cope? When I'm stressed i often find taking deep breaths to help me clam down. Everyone has their own types of coping methods and that's fine once you find one that works for you.
Whats making you feeling like this is there something which has been triggering you? The community are amazing and theres so much support here we all want you to be happy because you deserve it. You didn't provide much information on whats happening which means my advice is very limited your welcome to message us we won't bite as Jess mentions. We really care about other users here on TeenHelp I feel it's what makes such a good community because we all care so much we all want to go the extra mile to help each other. When your feeling depressed have you tried taking your mind off things by watching TV or listening to music? I find taking my mind off things really helps me when I feel down I sometimes do my staff duties as one kind of coping method I find it's something to do with my mind instead of getting upset which makes me feel better.

Do you have a family member or friend you could talk to? I feel this would help as it would allow you to vent and have someone who's not only over the internet but someone who can help you in real life. If you don't then that's fine you're amazing and we all want you to be happy.

Feel free to message if you need to.

Take care ~Justin~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: depressed - June 5th 2015, 11:33 PM

Hi there, Lizz!

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling so much right now. I can imagine you're already feeling low as it is then to have to deal with sleepiness and anxiety along with that. I'm glad that you reached out here though, I hope it helps you to be able to talk about how you're feeling.

You say you've been having a lot of anxiety and have been stressing - I was wondering if you feel like talking more about this? Is there anything in particular causing you to struggle? You're welcome to share as much as you'd like, we're here for you and don't mind listening!

Could you talk to your doctor and explain that your medication is affecting you in negative ways? Maybe your doctor could prescribe something different to see if that would make a positive difference. As Jessie said, sometimes finding the right medicine can include a bit of trial and error.

Do you have anyone in your personal life you can talk to about what's going on? Reaching out here is great for support, but sometimes it also helps to have a support system in your personal life. Someone you can call and visit when you feel the need to be around someone. It could be very beneficial to talk to someone you trust about how you've been feeling lately. You deserve the support, you know?

Not eating can have a very negative effect as your body still needs food even if you don't particularly feel hungry. I realize that sometimes it just feels easier not to eat when you're feeling low, tired and have anxiety. But food is essential in keeping you healthy and energized. Depriving your body of food can make you feel a lot worse as your mood may drop and you'll have less energy. I understand you're having a hard time right now though, but if you can, try your best to eat something even if you don't feel hungry. Anything healthy and nutritious that's easy to eat and grab, it can be something simple like a banana or an apple.

Not being able to sleep can be really tough, especially feeling tired and groggy the whole next day. I know you're struggling with a lot right now, but is it possible to pinpoint what exactly is causing you to not be able to sleep? Is it sad thoughts/feelings, anxiety or just not being able to fall asleep? Perhaps it might help to write down your thoughts, feelings and events that happened during the day in a private journal. This might help you to feel more content as you're able to get things out on paper instead of simply thinking on them. Have you thought about reading a book before sleeping? It could be helpful in distracting you till you feel tired enough to drift off to sleep. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule and taking steps to unwind as it gets closer to nighttime could also help.

Hope this helped at least a little, and I also hope you start feeling better soon. You're welcome to write back, and you can message me if you need someone to talk to. In the meantime, just keep holding on. I know that things are really hard for you right now, but you can do this, Charlie.

Stay strong.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: depressed - June 6th 2015, 06:35 AM

i wonder if its a sudden thing caused by some event, or some sort of long-lasting trauma because you're overthinking things.. but whatever it is, all of these problems have one thing in common

Its the fact that once you start thinking positively and taking better care of your health, you're going to start feeling better.. and you're going to start finding meaning in everything again, which leads to plenty of happiness. Plenty of these anxieties stem from self-doubt as well as opinions of others, which are things you should ignore, unless those opinions are constructive and can help you grow.

Do not doubt yourself.. the world is full of people with flaws and we're all still learning how to correct them If anything, the fact that you could learn something new everyday is actually one of the reasons tomorrow is an exciting prospect. I always believe that things are really like that.

You'll always have me to rant to, and you'll never lose us. We're always going to be around, and we care about you, and we want to support you. Talk to us anytime We don't judge! :Hug:

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread