TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I don't know anymore - June 6th 2015, 12:22 PM

I havenít been feeling very good about myself lately. I kind of just feel like giving up. I donít read anymore, or exercise, or study, or do anything really. I donít know why I am doing this. Maybe its partly because I feel so worthless that I donít deserve to do the things I used to love.

I didnít eat yesterday

I probably wonít eat tomorrow

I just canít be bothered anymore

This is stupid. Iím so selfish. I should justÖ..

Wishing I could just fall into a deep deep sleep and wake up one day happyÖ or not at all

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rainbow Cookies Offline
Geek and proud
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma

Re: I don't know anymore - June 6th 2015, 03:48 PM

Hey there

I can defiantly relate to how you are feeling. What I find helps is letting yourself indulge for a day. This helps you relax and feel happy. Bake your favorite cookies, get your favorite ice cream or just get whatever you love, but make sure it is sweet. Then go with your treat to somewhere you are alone and put on your favorite movie or one that you used to be obsessed with when you were little (for me that is harry potter). Get comfortable sit back and just relax.

Best of luck, Emma

"The quickest path between two points may be a straight line but it is by no means the most interesting."-The Doctor

Me- Do you ever feel like you about to crash into a sign?
Friend- What?
Me- I mean mentally, emotionally and physically, because I do right now.
Friend- No
Me- It's a very specific feeling.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I don't know anymore - June 6th 2015, 07:07 PM

It sounds like you're going through a tough time chicka, but you've done great to come here for some help! Be proud of that.

Those thing you used to do, do them again. Even if its forcing yourself to do them and you don't enjoy them at first because eventually, I think you will begin to enjoy them and I think it will do you the world of good. When we're feeling low we tend to stop being motivated but there's something called activation before motivation which means instead of being motivated so you act, you act until you become motivated. Force yourself do things to get you motivated. I know it might be hard but you can do it!

Also your life is worth so much so keep fighting. You have come so far and I know feeling this way is horrible but believe in yourself because we believe in you. You can get through this. You are strong enough and it can get easier. It's not always going to be this way. So keep your head high and stay focused because you have your whole life ahead of you and you can do anything you want with it and do anything.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I don't know anymore - June 8th 2015, 10:09 AM

something tells me that your lack of confidence in yourself stems from some sort of body image issue.. because its mostly affecting your diet, and that you feel like you aren't as good compared to other people. But i promise you, things will work out. Everyone has insecurities. Even the most popular, most seemingly perfect people on earth have things that they are insecure about.

But the way to overcome your flaws, is to accept them and the fact that its what makes everyone special . Don't you ever feel like you need to be as good as other people, because im extremely sure that you're an awesome, nice person to talk to yourself. You're loved and you'll always be.

And i want to hear more about your story.. what made you feel this way. I assure you, there's some other people out there who wished that they were you.. so badly.

We'll always be here for you!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I don't know anymore - June 8th 2015, 11:52 AM

Hey there.

From what you've wrote, it sounds like you're feeling really low and I'm sorry to hear that. Did anything in particular make you begin feeling this way? You're welcome to share more if you'd like. You should also be proud of yourself for posting this! Even though you feel unmotivated and don't feel like doing anything, you still wrote this out which is really positive. What you've said and how you're feeling; it isn't stupid or selfish at all. Many of us go through hard times and periods of feeling unmotivated. You're allowed to have your struggles, feelings and also share them and seek support.

I agree with Jessie, doing things you used to enjoy again may make a lot of difference as you might end up finding yourself enjoying it again at some point. Taking action against feeling unmotivated is a great way to get yourself out of a rut. I know it's hard, but try to will yourself to get out and do things. How about going for a walk? Fresh air, sunlight and light exercise might boost your mood and when you get home, you may find yourself feeling up to doing something.

Perhaps you could also find outlets and ways to express yourself? Some hobbies allow you to express yourself! Taking up new hobbies is also a great way to discover new things you enjoy. Some ideas are drawing, painting, photography, crafts etc. Creative writing is also great too, like story-writing and poetry. Having a journal to write down your thoughts, feelings and things going on in your life can be rather therapeutic as well.

When you feel the way you do, I can understand why you'd skip eating. Sometimes food just becomes unappealing or maybe you just don't feel like eating. Thing is, even if you don't feel like eating, your body still needs food. Depriving your body of food could end up making you feel worse as you'd lack energy and become weak physically along with having trouble focusing on anything. Perhaps you could use this as a first step towards practicing self care? Try your best to eat regularly at normal meal times and include healthy foods with lots of vitamins, nutrients and protein.

Just remember that even though you may feel like it at the moment, you aren't worthless, okay? Just like everyone, you deserve to enjoy the hobbies you once did. I realize it's hard when you feel a certain way, you begin to think about yourself a certain way but reminding yourself to contradict the negative thoughts like that is important and can eventually make a great difference if you keep it up.

While I can see that you're having a really tough time right now, I want to reassure you that you won't feel this way forever. Life has ups and downs, the ups are always worth living for despite the downs. Think about what you want your life to be like, and make realistic goals to make it as close as the way you want it as possible. Having goals and taking steps to change things in your life might help a lot. Start with the small things and work your way up from there. Some things in life we don't have any control over and sometimes that means being in tough situations, but it's important to remember that we have control over a lot more than we realize. Even if that means putting in effort to change the way we think about ourselves, and how we handle negative situations.

Overall, I understand you're struggling and you're allowed to feel your feelings, you know? I just hope you know that what you're feeling right now isn't all there is to life. I do believe you'll feel happy again, truly happy and giving . In a way, some of the negative parts in life teach us things. Along with helping us grow and gain experience. Even positive things can come out of the bad.

Closed Thread