TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
McKeezo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy What do I do? - June 8th 2015, 11:30 PM

Recently, everything has just gone wrong.

At the end of last year, I found out that my friend was suicidal, and that I was the only person that they could talk to about it. I started getting depressed, thinking that I couldn't help them, but I tried to stay strong for her. But last week when I finally told her, she said something that basically ruined everything.

She told me to "just snap out of it."

I have been helping her (or trying) ever since last year, and I thought I had finally found a friend I could trust with anything, and then this?

I just don't know what to do. I have no-one I can trust, not even my family, I catch myself thinking about killing random people AND myself, sometimes I purposefully make myself depressed just because it hurts.

I don't want to live anymore, but I'm too scared to die... Can someone please help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: What do I do? - June 9th 2015, 02:56 AM

Hey there.

I'm sorry about this situation and the fact that it's bringing you down so much. I can understand how what your friend said would hurt. Seeing as she's suicidal and struggles too, I'd think she'd be more understanding enough to know that you can't simply snap out of it. Have you talked to her about this and explained that when she said that, it really hurt? In a friendship, you're allowed to speak up and let the other person know when they hurt your feelings.

The way you've been trying to help her is really kind of you and shows you have a heart, you know? While you may have thoughts of hurting others, I don't believe you really want to. Although, I do think it would be a really good idea if you were to speak to a professional about all of this. Intrusive thoughts like that may begin to get out of hand, and seeing as you're struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts, seeing a professional may be really beneficial and positive for you.

Is it alright if I ask why you feel you can't trust your family? I'm sure they care for you a lot more than you know and would be happy to help you through this. Other than your family, do you have a trusted teacher or school counselor you could speak to about how you're feeling? Opening up to someone for support could help a lot. Take a look at this thread, it explains who you can go to for help.

Feeling alone, like you have no one is a really sad feeling to deal with. I'm sorry that you feel this way right now. You won't always be alone, there will come a time when you meet someone that you can trust. Not everyone is the same. Could you join sports, clubs or groups at your school to meet others with common interests? Having school activities to do could be rather fun as well!

Do you have any pets? Having a kitten or a puppy to keep you company and take care of can be really therapeutic and a source of happiness. In the meantime, do you have hobbies to do in your spare time? Having enjoyable things to do when you're feeling down can make quite a difference. Maybe you could also explore different things, try out new hobbies and maybe you'll find something new to be passionate towards. Having ways to express your feelings is also important, such as art, creative writing like story-writing and poetry. Keeping a journal to write down your feelings, thoughts and things happening in your life can be rather therapeutic as well. You could also start your own blog here on TeenHelp!

You're 14 and you're already going through so much. I imagine things are really hard for you right now, but look at this in another way - you're only 14; you have your whole life ahead of you, you know? You're at an age where you can begin thinking about your future, how you want your life to be and you can make plans and goals to try your best to reach the future you want. Figure out your passions, discover new hobbies and find things that make you happy. Best of all, make sure you take care of yourself, okay? And sometimes that means reaching out which you've already done here (you should be proud of yourself!) but support and real life help can make an even bigger difference.

Maybe things feel bleak and hopeless right now, and I can see how you feeling so low would make you not want to live, but keep fighting. Even though it's hard, you can get through this even if you don't think you can right now. Things do eventually get better, that's a really important thing to remember. And you know, sometimes the negative parts of life teach us things about ourselves. We figure out ourselves, we figure out new, healthier ways to cope with situations along with gaining experience to handle things better in the future along with potentially helping others going through the same things.

Life is worth it, live for the days that you feel happy and for the things that make you smile, even the little things. Stay strong and keep holding on. Hope this helped. You're welcome to continue writing here, okay? Getting things off your chest can be very healthy. On that note, if you'd like, you can message me anytime. I don't mind listening!

Last edited by DeletedAccount11; June 9th 2015 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Spelling errors, oops!

Closed Thread