TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CALVIN Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: calvin

Points: 7,098, Level: 12 Points: 7,098, Level: 12 Points: 7,098, Level: 12

my depression - June 21st 2015, 02:18 PM

I have been battling depression recently due to stress and other things. i dont have any money. m girlfriend broke up with me. i am starting college soon. I feel so alone. I hate my body. I hate me. i just turned 18 and i received 1 card in the mail. I cant do this i feel so unwanted and the weight of the world is crashing down on me. i also don't have my license. Im always mooching off my friends. i feel like such a loser. i just keep sinking further into depression.

" we can fill a million choirs and wait till children sing. we can walk a million miles and end up in the sea"
-Hollywood Undead -Johnny 3 Tears
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11

Re: my depression - June 21st 2015, 04:06 PM

Hi, Calvin: I'm sorry you are going through so much and it's understandable how dealing with this all at once could be overwhelming. Your breakup is unfortunate, but it's normal to go through a painful stage following the end of a relationship. It can often feel unbearable, but time does help heal broken emotions.

Perhaps your other problems could be remedied by looking for a job. After you have some money saved, you could look into getting your license and later a vehicle. Best wishes.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: my depression - June 21st 2015, 08:31 PM

You have friends; you aren't alone and you have us too. Thats one thing Ii wanted to point out first because I know how horrible it can be to feel lonely and to feel like you are on your own. But you aren't. You have people around you that love and care about you okay? And with starting college soon you are so likely to make even more friends too! Which will be absolutely brilliant!

It sounds like you are going through a tough time right now but it's great you've reached out to us. Have you been diagnosed with depression or do you just feel depressed? I'm not saying you aren't depressed but I can't say you are either because I am not medically trained. If this is something you want then I suggest you speak to your doctor who might diagnose you or might refer you onto a psychiatrist.

I know this is all really hard for you right now but there is light at the end of the tunnel. There honestly is and you can get there and until then we're here to support you and so are others like friends, family, counselors, hotlines and your doctor so don't suffer alone in this. But you can get through it, it is possible so keep your head high and stay focused because you have a life worth living and deserve to see in to it.

Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: my depression - June 21st 2015, 11:13 PM

Hi there, Calvin.

First off, I'm sorry about all of this going on. Seems like you have a lot of stress and negative things happening in your life, so I can understand why you'd feel so low. As for your driver's license, is it okay if I ask why you haven't gotten it yet? Studying for it and taking it could be a first step towards independence which may help you. In the meantime, do you think it would help to include hobbies to do in your spare time? Distracting yourself with things you enjoy and keeping your days filled with things that entertain you could add a bit more happiness and things to look forward to.

have you been able to talk to anyone about your feelings regarding your break-up, along with all the other things going on in your life? Talking to someone about the things you're stressed about, your feelings and what's going on could be really helpful as bottling things up is unhealthy. Which is why I'm really glad you reached out here! TeenHelp can be great for support, but real life support is important too. Do you have a therapist or psychiatrist you can go to? Professional help could be really beneficial and it's completely okay to reach out for that.

Depression has a way of making people feel like they're all alone and that no one cares about them. Which is why it's a really good idea to remind yourself of the people in your life. Think about your friends, even though you feel you "mooch off of them", they're helping you because they care about you, you know? They don't want you to go through things alone which is why they help you. I imagine they enjoy doing so, and that they don't see you as "mooching off them". I bet they just see a friend in need and are happy to help. If you do feel bad, perhaps you could return some of the favors by helping them out with basic things whenever you have the opportunity? For example, helping them clean the car, helping them move, things like that.

These things you're struggling with, none of it makes you a loser, you know? You aren't a loser at all, Calvin. So many people struggle with money and life issues just as you do. None of these things define who you are as a person. You're still a nice person with your qualities and I think it could help you improve your self-esteem by focusing on the positives about yourself. Focus on one part of your body, such as your eyes or your hair for example then try finding other things. Along with that, take note of your qualities personality-wise. Everyone has their strengths and so do you. I'm sure you have a lot of great qualities about you that you don't yet see. On that note, practice treating yourself like a friend. Step away from all the stress for a few hours and do something that makes you happy. Whether it be a hobby, a favorite snack, just anything relaxing.

Just keep in mind that while I see you're really struggling right now, that it does get better, okay? You don't have to go through this alone because you have all of TeenHelp here for you! We're always happy to listen. In the meantime, keep holding on because nothing stays gray and rainy forever. There's always happier times awaiting. Stay strong.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: my depression - June 22nd 2015, 01:59 PM

Hello Calvin

If you feel as if things are bad, why not make a change? i think its time you got into more societies, and more groups where you'll have more experience that will color your days more Never ever think that you're worthless, and you aren't even worth any effort. You're so loved and cared for, and it hurts me to see you suffer through this, when you deserve better.

And part of feeling strong and being positive is to think positive. Challenges are there to be overcome. Experiences are things that you can get if you will yourself to be in the position to experience that experience. You're more awesome than you know it, and i know that to be true.

Now, stop beating yourself up and start thinking about things that you can do, and how you're better than plenty of other people in your own way. *hugs* stay strong!

I'll always be here for you, and you can rant to me anytime. I won't be leaving.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread