TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heyitsbecki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help me. - July 1st 2015, 04:43 PM

I'm sick of life, everyone at school hates me, all my friends like other people more than they like me. I don't have a best friend. I am just fed up of everything. I've got spots. I feel like I'm annoying everyone. I just want to leave or move away because its too much stress. And I'm friking ugly.

Why God, why?

Someone plez help me......

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: Help me. - July 1st 2015, 06:13 PM

Hey Becki,

I'm Jack. I'm sorry that you're feeling upset right now, but I think you're an amazing person and I know you can get through this. Life can be really tough at times but amazing at other times but you need to get through the thick of things before you can enjoy life to the fullest.

What makes you think everyone at your school hates you? You're young, it's completely normal for friendships to change, they still do for me and I'm nearly 20! Have you tried telling your friends, parents or even a teacher you trust how you feel? That can usually help to get your feelings out in the open for other people to help you with. For all you know, your friends might just have mistaken the way you're acting because you're sad and tried to give you some distance to regain control of yourself.

Having spots as a teenager is completely normal! Your body is going through a lot of changes and that mixed in with stress, which it seems like you're going through a lot of, can have a negative impact on your body and your skin. If you're really bothered about spots, ask your doctor for some advice on products for skin care or ask your parents to buy you some creams of your own choice.

As for feeling 'ugly', try and highlight the positive things about your appearance instead of focusing on the negatives because nobody is perfect! An example of this in my case would be that I hate the way my hair grows. It's so curly and hard to manage so I always feel limited as to what I can do with my hair and end up wearing things to hide it. On the other hand however, I have a naturally wide back and shoulders, which means I tend to look like I have more of an athletic build without having to put as much work is as friends that I go to the gym with.

Try and forget about the negatives in yourself and focus on the positives, you'll see a dramatic change in yourself and you'll also feel way better.

If you ever need someone to talk to, you're welcome to send me a VM or a PM.

Take care dear,

Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.

"In case you didn't know, dead people don't bleed. If you can bleed, see it, feel it, then you know you're alive. It's irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Help me. - July 2nd 2015, 12:15 AM

Hi, Becki!

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way, sounds like you're struggling right now.

Is it okay if I ask what makes you feel like everyone at school hates you? When we have negative thoughts and feelings towards ourselves, it blinds our entire view of everything and makes us believe that people around us hate us, along with feeling like we're annoying everyone. That doesn't make it true though, you know? I imagine you're a sweet, kind person and that those around you enjoy and appreciate your company very much.

Something that may help is to try small methods to improve your self-esteem. Jack gave a perfect example and he's completely right, nobody is perfect! However, we're perfectly imperfect. Having flaws makes us who we are, but it also means we have a lot of good qualities too, you know? You're a unique person with traits, skills and qualities, no one is exactly the same as you in every single way. Embrace that! Focus on your positive qualities both physically and personality-wise.

Simple things could help you feel more confident. How about going shopping for a new outfit? You could also paint your nails and fix your hair up in a nice way until you feel comfortable. All that matters is how you feel about yourself and how confident you are. Jack gave some good advice about the spots, you could use creams to help with that and you could also apply concealer to it. But remember that skin problems like these are normal during the teenage years and you aren't alone, nor does it make you "ugly".

How about joining a sport, group or club at school? Having a school activity could be fun along with it being a good way to meet new friends with common interests. Sometimes it takes time to find a best friend, but that's something that comes naturally. You may even find yourself having two best friends. But I believe that's something worth waiting for, and sometimes it can take a little longer as some people in high-school are concerned with popularity over things that matter. Stay hopeful and be kind to everyone, eventually there'll be someone who really appreciate you for who you are and would be honored to be your best friend. Don't worry!

Occupying yourself with hobbies to come home to might be a good idea as well. Try immersing yourself in new, fun hobbies. Having outlets and ways to express yourself is important too, such as journaling, art, poetry and music. On a side-note, do you have anyone to talk to about your feelings? Such as your parents, a trusted teacher maybe? Having support and people to open up to could make a big difference.

Life is quite a difficult thing sometimes - that's an understatement, but it's important to remember that life is also really beautiful. Everyone struggles and goes through things, but I believe all the negatives have some point to them. Because how would we gain experience, strength and be able to appreciate the positive things in life otherwise? God loves us, he never gives us more than we can handle because he has faith in us that we can get past the hard times and become stronger and also gain compassion for others. I know you're having a hard time, and I'm very sorry about that but things always get better as there's always happier times ahead of every tough time. Don't be afraid to gain comfort from those around you by reaching out, okay?

Hope this helped. You can message me anytime, Becki. Take care and stay strong, you can do this!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Branden Ramirez

Exclamation Re: Help me. - July 5th 2015, 11:19 PM

Hi My names Branden I know it hurts trust me I lost my best friend at 12 Years old, I'm 16 now. We were only 12 and I witnessed my childhood friend die. I saw her face and I can't forget it. Listen I know u might not think u have anybody but listen if u want someone to talk to I'm more than happy to give you my Cell phone # to help u whenever.

Closed Thread