TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
OhMyLorde Offline
peace love unity respect
Not a n00b

Name: k

Rant - July 5th 2015, 03:42 AM

*minor language-not awful but theres some*
Sorry if this is really long...

I just need to put this out there since I've been crying so much today and I've taken so many anti-anxiety meds but they aren't doing anything.

So theres this girl who I thought was my friend (I've never really been one to have friends) and for the first time in awhile I was happy. She ended up being a bitch and is always talking about things I'm not invited to and how fun her life is without me. It's one of the most painful things I've ever had to deal with. I had friends and then when I broke up with my BF who I thought loved me he made this video with a couple other people dancing around saying 'I've been freed' and posted it on social media.

Today my parents had a party and the girl was there... all she talked about was this Fall Out Boy concert that I wasn't invited to... that was after I've told her so many time not to talk about it because it hurts when a group of people are invited to something and you're not and they're talking about it in front of you... guess she didn't get it...

Im switching schools so she's punishing me by trying to make me feel bad about what I'm leaving... nobody liked me there anyways... she's always like 'I had a sleepover with her' and 'I went to breakfast with him' ect. She knows I have no friends... I just don't understand why the fuck she does this to me...

She also puts me down all the time, like your hair is bad or 'well I'm actually healthy so...' or shit like that... it makes me feel so bad about myself... like I'm worth nothing...

I can't get rid of her either because she's my neighbor and our parents are friends so they hang out a lot... It's just hard being around someone who is always telling me how great their life is and putting me down... I think she knows I hate her now... hopefully she'll just leave me alone... I mean she ignores me when theres better people around anyways... Its not like I'm important... Im just a piece of shit...

Sorry again if this is too long... I didn't mean for it to be...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Rant - July 5th 2015, 09:22 AM

Hey there!

I'm sorry that this girl is treating you this way. That sounds really upsetting so I understand why you'd feel the way you do. Having someone put you down and talk about all the exciting things going on in their life comparing it to yours would understandably make you feel low. It would for anyone, you know?

You explained to her about how it hurts when she talks about events she got invited to that you weren't invited to, and I think that's really mature of you to explain your feelings as communication is really important. However, I'm sorry that she didn't take that into consideration and still talked about the concert regardless. Do you think it would help to talk to her in private about all of the things that are upsetting you as a whole? Open up and share your feelings, how this has made you feel really worthless.

Even though she's treating you this way and making you feel worthless, it doesn't make it true. I definitely understand why you would feel this way, but I just want to remind you that the way her life is, who she is, what she says or how she makes you feel, none of that defines your worth. You're uniquely you and people who decide to put you down and not invite you to events are the ones truly missing out. I imagine you'd be a great and loyal friend and I bet you'll meet someone who deserves that friendship soon enough. Plus, you're switching schools soon? That means plenty of opportunities to make friends. So, correction: the girl who has been making you feel worthless is the one that's going to be missing out - missing out on your friendship because she's been inconsiderate towards your feelings.

Hope ranting helped you a bit. You can message me if you'd like someone to talk to. I don't mind listening! Plus, vents are healthy.

Closed Thread