TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
undeleted1 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No one

Unhappy I'm pathetic :( - August 5th 2015, 05:29 AM

Hello. I am completely pathetic . I cannot deal with life anymore. There is nothing to look forward to and I fucking hate it. I hate this fucking life I life and I don't want to live it anymore. Nothing will get better and I am completely lost. I guess I will die here, not like any of my family cares. I'm sick of being alone, but no one cares ....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 5th 2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan90 View Post
Hello. I am completely pathetic . I cannot deal with life anymore. There is nothing to look forward to and I fucking hate it. I hate this fucking life I life and I don't want to live it anymore. Nothing will get better and I am completely lost. I guess I will die here, not like any of my family cares. I'm sick of being alone, but no one cares ....
Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I wish I could tell you that I have no idea how you feel. That I can't relate at all. That life - for me - is great. BUT.... I can't. Fact is - I know how you feel.

That said... exactly WHO or WHAT are you gauging your self worth against? What imaginary someONE or someTHING have you set up as the standard by which you are failing to meet? Whenever we come to believe that we are 'completely pathetic' it's because we are comparing ourselves to something. Or someone. But in order to conclude that WE are 'completely pathetic' we have to IGNORE a whole lot of TRUTH. We have to be either intentionally or unintentionally ignorant of what's going on in this world. To be oblivious to what some people have said and done. Fact is - this world has more than it's share of genuinely pathetic people. And I hate to break it to you - but you're not one of them. Truly pathetic people NEVER SEE THEMSELVES AS truly pathetic. It's the same thing for crazy people. REALLY CRAZY people NEVER wonder if they might be crazy.

You are NOT 'completely pathetic' Ryan. You're not even 'semi-pathetic'. You are simply on your way to something better and you're frustrated by how long it's taking. And instead of focusing on moving forward - you have become fixated on what you have come to believe is evidence of your failure. It's EGO that's in your way. Did you know that a person who thinks VERY highly of himself is the same as a person who thinks very LOWLY of himself? They are both EGO-MANIACS! I say... humble yourself. See yourself as human. Accept - and embrace - the fact that like the rest of us - you are on a journey. And in this part of your journey you are being asked to be patient and to have faith in your future.

TODAY is NOT necessarily a blueprint to your future.

Craig!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
C&T Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anonymous

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 5th 2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Hey Ryan.
Well I dont want to repeat craig but he is absolutely right. I know this feeling exactly, that pathetic feeling that no one cares is a nightmare and im sorry your going through that too, but your not alone. One way i have been coping with this is with involvement. Now, im still in highschool so thats a lot easier to say for me then you. But perhapse finding new people in a club sport or an organisation you stand for could help to bring new people into your life that make you feel important, and perhapse it could even help those who know you know to see you in a new light.

I will give you an example. I joined my schools FFA chapter, (Future Farmers of America, a student lead agriculture organisation) and became very involved. I became an officer and being a vocal person that i am had the oportunity to try out for our national coventions choir. This not only helped me meet new people from across america but also gave me one of the greatest experiences of my life. In less then a week i had met 80 people from around the country who loved me for who i am and would go to the ends of the earth for me when i need them. While it wont stop me from feeling alone and down in the dumps sometimes, it does give me a sort or sense of security. Theres other people there, and they care, even if they are across the country.

Although you might not be a singer or speaker like me, the concepts the same. Getting involved in something like an organisation or club could get you somewhere you didnt expect and ultimately give you teammates and fellow members who will be there for you and want to be around you.

You might feel alone now, you might feel like no one cares and life has stalled, but always remember that no matter the circumstance we cannot give up. If we end life now, we wont see what the future holds, even though it may look like it holds nothing. Thankfully for us time moves on, and once we reach that low point, he only place we can go is up. Were fighting a hidden battle. Life has its ways of rewarding the ones who dont give in to that fight. We just need to keep going. Dont give up, never give in, always move forward. Your not alone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 5th 2015, 05:51 PM

What you're going through is a temporary battle... that you're definitely going to win. Think of it as a trial, that you'll definitely overcome.. You'll be meeting many people along the way and all these people will help you reach your happiness.There's so many things to experience

1) Finding love and someone to take care of you
2) supporting and being the happy owner of a happy family
3) Seeing all the sights the world has to offer
4) Finding out just how much all the fighting is worth it

And so much more. And i promise all of the happiness , all the good memories will be yours in due time, and you deserve all the happiness. All of it will be yours... and you definitely aren't pathetic. I think it's hard to find people as nice , or as caring and sweet as you are.

You're a gift to the world.... you're nothing less than a blessing . And probably so much more than that still.

You've always got us!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
undeleted1 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 9th 2015, 08:53 AM

No none cares about me. I want to be with someone but they think I am a fucking loser

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 9th 2015, 09:52 AM

Ryan,

Just for this second, assume that everyone in the entire world loves you, cares about you and wants to be with you or around you. If that is the case, how will you feel about yourself? Will you feel happy? Complete? Loved? Will you enjoy it thoroughly?

Then, will you try and forget everything that everyone has said about you? Good and bad, right and wrong. If you never ever hear what other people think of you, how would you think about yourself? And what makes you think you're a fucking loser? Is it because you believed someone when they told you?

Who you are is not what other people think that you are. It is not even what other people know you are. There is a very large part of each one of us that no one knows about, so obviously, no one can really know who we are. If this is true, it means that those people are speaking to you and are telling you things when they haven't got the slightest clue about you. Which means that what they are saying/thinking is incorrect. Why do you believe them? Because you're not meeting their standards? What about your standards?

Why is it that you're so quick to believe all the apparently 'bad' things that people say about you and not the least bit interested in the nice things people say? Is it because the frequency differs, that people say more bad things than good?

I am not asking all this to accuse you or make you feel bad. I'm trying to open your eyes to the fact that society often tends to create our thoughts and notions about the world and can influence the way we see ourselves, just because of the structure of it. That doesn't always mean that we have to adhere to it, that we have to think the way it tells us to think.

I would very much like to know what characteristics make a 'fucking loser', because I honestly don't think one exists. As Craig said, it tends to be a matter of comparison. People who are different from others are singled out. The strange thing is that people alter themselves to 'fit in' even when they don't know what they're fitting in to. You on the other hand don't seem to fit in, which I think is extraordinary. I think it takes a lot of courage to be who you are.

So, I'll ask again, why do you think you're a loser? I certainly don't.

Also, if not a single person in this entire universe cares about you, why are we all responding to your post? Is it obligation? We're not obligated to reply to you, we're taking time to write to you and respond to you. We're all here on our own accord and share and pick each other up because it's a blessing to know we're not the only ones going through horridly tough circumstances no matter what those circumstances are/will be. We're here because we care. Therefore I will not take your word that no one cares about you and neither should you. I understand that we're just these random usernames on the internet, but outside of that, we are all people - flesh and blood. And we're here for you through good times and bad.

True enough, ending things seems the simplest solution. But in truth it doesn't resolve a situation. It just stops everything.

I think you might have a lot of things to look forward to, if you just give yourself the opportunity to see it. More importantly, I feel it would help you to start thinking differently about yourself, and not relying or basing your conclusions based on what you think others think about you or what someone says about you. Thoughts are powerful. As I've been told - thoughts become things, so think good thoughts. When you start appreciating yourself for who you are, you will acquire the confidence to be you and no one can take that away from you. Additionally, there's no doubt in my mind that if you give that a try, your confidence and happiness will come through and that spreads to other people.

Please do message me if you'd like to talk. You have a lot in you. I hope you get the chance to see it for yourself. x

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Last edited by Spirit.; August 9th 2015 at 11:13 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 9th 2015, 10:42 AM

people who think you're a loser don't deserve you. You deserve better than them . The only reason why people condescend or criticize you is because you have qualities and strengths that they don't. Realize that, and you'll be a better, stronger, more confident person.

And you should ask yourself one more question.... who's the world to judge you? Everyone's doing all sorts of bad things. If those bad people can judge and condescend people, then it clearly shows that you should mostly just ignore what others think. Their point of view is their opinion, and you have yours as well. Remember that you know that you're good, nice and sweet. remember your strengths and remember that you're someone a lot of people will be lucky to get to know.

stop beating yourself up, and start thinking more positively. I've said this plenty of times before.... the source of your problems is your lack of faith in yourself. Overcome that and everything will be right

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 9th 2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
No none cares about me.(
That's insulting to those of us who took the time to respond.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
undeleted1 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 10th 2015, 08:43 AM

I have been fucked over too many times. Betrayed too many times. I don't care what people think of me anymore. I need to leave, to leave and never come back, but I can't. I am stuck and I will never leave....

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm pathetic :( - August 10th 2015, 07:41 PM

Craig... he's someone who's went through a lot. and i think he needs to be convinced that he's worth the time, which he so is.

Forget the betrayers. You can meet new , nice people, new, sweet people who won't treat you badly. The people you've met in the past just weren't worth your time, worth your efforts. Im very certain that the future holds more happiness for you. DON'T GIVE UP

You're loved and cared for.

screwdriverneedsgas

Closed Thread