TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chloe.exe Offline
-Error 404 Not Found-
Not a n00b

Name: ChloŽ

Exclamation it's still here - August 10th 2015, 01:07 AM

Hi

I have a problem. A few people know that I selfharm, im depressed, suicidal and have mental problems. Now that I have a boyfriend everyone seems to think they are all gone. Im getting worse with these things. Im still selfharming, I still have all these problems and no one thinks I do anymore. It's stressful. All the stress and emotions are now causing me to start getting drunk with my brother (he's 19) just to wash the feelings away. I need to know how to tell them these things still exsist but most importantly I need to get help.

I want to tell my best friend and my boyfriend but my best friend is visting family down south and my boyfriend is In a different country. I would need to tell them over messaging but I just dont know how to bring it up. Any advice?

As for getting better I really have no clue. I cant tell my parents they will react so badly. This has been going on 3 years too long!

Thanks.

oh, I dont know if this is the right place or not but it was the most likey place to put it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: it's still here - August 10th 2015, 01:48 AM

Hi, Chloe!

I'm sorry you're feeling this way and struggling with these things. When you've previously opened up about your issues, I can see how it'd be upsetting when people suddenly start thinking you no longer deal with these problems when you still do.

You're obviously struggling a lot so it's understandable that you'd turn to things like self-harm and drinking. And I'm sorry you feel low enough to turn to those things but resorting to those things can begin drowning out the healthier ways of coping and make all the problems a lot worse. I'm sure you already know that though and I think it's really great you recognize it's a problem and also that you need to get help. You're a really strong person for that, you know? I just want to point that out.

Do you have a therapist? If not, would you consider therapy? For a lot of people, therapy helps in learning ways to cope in healthier ways and ways to recover from struggles. If you find a good therapist you feel comfortable with, then it may help you and you deserve to have help throughout this as there's absolutely no shame in reaching out.

As for telling your best friend and your boyfriend, I think that is a great idea and I'm glad you want to reach out to those who care so much for you. You could start out by asking something like, "is it okay if I talk to you about some things that I've been having trouble with?" then you can go from there explaining how you've been feeling and just express yourself. Don't feel afraid to open up and let it all out, alright?

Do you mind if I ask what makes you think your parents will react badly? Of course, I don't know your parents so I can't tell you otherwise and I'm definitely not trying to. You know your parents best, but I'd hope that if you were to tell them that they would react a lot better than you may think. If you did tell them, you could also prepare in advance by writing a note to them explaining your feelings in detail and also printing out articles explaining self-harm so that they understand the best they possibly can.

In the meantime, do you think it would help you to try out some things on the self-harm alternatives list and do things to occupy yourself? Such as exploring different time-consuming hobbies that are fun, finding an outlet in creative hobbies such as creative writing, music and art etc. Filling your free time with things that you enjoy and things that make you happy could make a big positive difference.

You must be going through a pretty hard time so I'm glad you reached out by posting this thread and that you want to open up to a few people in your life. You must be quite a strong person, Chloe. So hang in there, you can do this. You're welcome to message me if you'd like someone to talk to and of course, you're welcome to continue reaching out here at TeenHelp. We're here with lots of support for you!

Stay strong.

Closed Thread