TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Unhappy Reaching Out - September 12th 2015, 09:43 AM

Hello there everyone,

I'm at a low point in my life where I feel like I want to reach out for help from others. Right now, I'm feeling sad majorly because of an incident that happened with my dad (read "A Narcissist" on my blog), and other recent things that have happened as well. Losing friends, work being a stressful environment, as well as the feeling of emptiness... To anyone who reads this, any uplifting responses will be gladly appreciated. Thank you.

-Mark

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Reaching Out - September 12th 2015, 11:51 AM

Hey, Mark!

Very glad to see you reaching out here when in need. That's a step you should be proud of. I'm sorry you're feeling empty and are going through a tough time due to things around you. Unfortunately, I can't view your blog. It says I don't have access even though I'm on your friend's list. However, I hope that whatever happened with your dad is something that can be resolved with time.

Losing friends is a really upsetting experience I imagine so I'm sorry you're experiencing that. Do you want to talk about what happened with these friendships? Sometimes talking about what happened and expressing your feelings towards it can get some things off your chest. On the topic of these friends, is there a way to reconnect with them and maybe work out some of the problems?

A stressful work environment must be even worse when you're already facing difficult things in your private life. Would it help to plan things to look forward to after you finish work to hopefully make the day easier? For example, you could plan a relaxing night watching a favorite TV show with your favorite snack. Basically anything you find fun and relaxing. Switch things up too so you have something new, fun yet relaxing to look forward to after a stressful day. Perhaps you could also go for walks to clear your mind.

Overall, it sounds like quite a few things are happening in your life, negative things. Lots of negativity has a tendency to then result in emptiness. I can imagine that all of this is really hard for you right now but I want to remind you that what you're feeling, what you're going through and all of these hard situations you're in aren't forever. There'll be much better and brighter days ahead where things are improving and clicking into place. Look to what inspires you, to what makes you happy and hold on.

You can do this. You're a kind person who has helped many and has such great plans to inspire people in the future, so focus on that and don't be afraid to open up here and to others in your life. Support and simply having people listen can help a great deal which is why you're more than welcome to continue reaching out here, Mark.

Hope this helped and that you feel better soon. You can message me if you need someone to talk to. Even if it's just a vent! Stay strong.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Reaching Out - September 13th 2015, 09:36 PM

Hi there,

I don't know everything that's going on but I can see that things are really hard for you right now and that you're going through a difficult time. I am so glad you're reaching out for help and that you're recognizing you need some help.

Feeling this way isn't going to last forever. I know it's hard and painful right now, but this isn't going to last forever and that's so important to keep reminding yourself. I know right now it feels like it's never going to go away but it will and life is worth living. Your life is worth living and you deserve to have a life. So as hard as it is, these feelings aren't going to physically hurt you. You can fight through them and beat them with support and help from us and other people around you. You aren't alone in this and we'll all do what we can to help you through this.

Do you have anyone you can talk too? Remember we're here for you to talk too but sometimes it's good to have someone to talk to face to face you know? It can be really beneficial. Such as a tutor, a friend, a family member, a doctor etc. All these people care about you and want what is best for you and it's okay to open up to them like you have done to us. They'll want to help you through this as best as they can do and you deserve that help because you don't deserve to suffer alone.

I know this is hard but you can do it. Stay strong and stay safe.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread